Need a concealed carry

sheerider11

Ruger 2.25” SP101 .357 mag, Badger Boot Grips, Simply Rugged Hybrid Pancake Holster. That’s my daily driver setup.

I have full framed glocks, a sub compact glock, Kimber ultra carry II 1911, etc. Nothing is as comfortable as the SP101. Just remember if it isn’t comfortable your going to hate wearing it and most likely never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shield feels really comfortable in my hands. I don't own one but a few of my shooting buddies do and I like em. Like Triple Chin said above, everybody will have a different opinion so if you like it, go for it. My wife has a glock 43 as a carry gun and I like it too. 

You can get a shield for under 300 new so keep that in mind just in case you're not a 40 guy. 

Edit: I carry in an alien gear holster. No complaints.

Edited by vulvafan537240

5 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

I'm about to pick up a shield .40 for 200 bucks.

But I like people's opinions on guns and conceal holsters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

$200 aint a bad deal just to get something quick (or in my case, i would just buy it to have it)... but .40 is overrated and snappy. You can get the same stopping power using the correct 9mm round.  Are you looking for a single stack or a double stack? Does round count matter to you? Can you comfortably conceal a double stack? There is much to consider when making a purchase to ccw. Shoot a few different guns before just jumping into it because its cheap

The shield is a great gun in 9mm, I carry one all the time if im not carrying my glock 19 and sometimes as a back up to my 19.   Not a big fan of 40 in the shield but honestly 200 bucks is a great deal so you really cant lose.  You could flip it if you dont like it.   As far as holsters i am a fan of kydex.  JM custom kydex, NSR tactical, Greenforce tactical, Omega holsters are some i use regularly.  There are a million kydex benders out there.  I prefer "pull the dot" soft loops or hard loops on my holsters.  I do not like clips of any sort on a holster as they always work their way off the belt if you actually beat on your equipment. The last thing you want is to pull the gun and the holster comes with it.  

I’m a skinny fucker so I carry sub compact .380

I HATE the bodyguard because of the full double action heavy ass trigger pull.

I carry a ruger lcp2 daily. It is a very friendly recoil for as small as it is and it’s the size of my iPhone. I literally just bought a Glock 42 last night so I’ll have reviews of it later.

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

26 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

I’m a skinny fucker so I carry sub compact .380

I HATE the bodyguard because of the full double action heavy ass trigger pull.

I carry a ruger lcp2 daily. It is a very friendly recoil for as small as it is and it’s the size of my iPhone. I literally just bought a Glock 42 last night so I’ll have reviews of it later.

I like the 42 at first i was kind of cold to it.  Its  pretty big for a 380 so it doesnt really work for a pocket gun imo but definitely hides well in a holster. The thing about the extra size though is its very shootable.  It also eats up just about every ammo ive thrown through it and not very many 380s i have shot are that way.  I think you will dig it.

• Like 1

I like the 42 at first i was kind of cold to it.  Its  pretty big for a 380 so it doesnt really work for a pocket gun imo but definitely hides well in a holster. The thing about the extra size though is its very shootable.  It also eats up just about every ammo ive thrown through it and not very many 380s i have shot are that way.  I think you will dig it.

Good shit. I’m more of a iwb holster guy anyhow. Right butt cheek, by the wallet.

Just now, rjdgriff said:

Good shit. I’m more of a iwb holster guy anyhow. Right butt cheek, by the wallet.

You'll love it.  I carry at 3-4 oclock but usually carry a G19.  I gave the 42 to my dad after about 3-400 rounds because he really wanted it and i wasnt carrying it.  I just feel better having the shield in 9mm.  May grab a G43 but the shield has been working so well hard to justify.  There are some good 380 ammo choices specifically for the g42 because it will handle hotter ammo than most 380s. Precision one makes a 42 loading using 95gr XTPs and the fiocchi extrema with the 95gr XTPs are supposed to perform great

You'll love it.  I carry at 3-4 oclock but usually carry a G19.  I gave the 42 to my dad after about 3-400 rounds because he really wanted it and i wasnt carrying it.  I just feel better having the shield in 9mm.  May grab a G43 but the shield has been working so well hard to justify.  There are some good 380 ammo choices specifically for the g42 because it will handle hotter ammo than most 380s. Precision one makes a 42 loading using 95gr XTPs and the fiocchi extrema with the 95gr XTPs are supposed to perform great

In my lcp2 I have hornady critical defense, R.I.P. and the civil defense. All cycle nicely but that rip ammo is brutal. I have around 1000 fmj on hand for target practice as well.