Lock Out Springs

gunnin4elvis

Hey all, a few yrs ago I built my bike pc by pc and I bought a clutch with heavy duty springs. I am rebuilding and I've got a lock up now. I want to use the lock up to do the work of the heavy springs rather than gorilla grip the clutch. What kind of springs are you runnin on a 421 to make this an easy day at the office? 

Thanks

22 minutes ago, n2otoofast4u said:

Stock

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Figured this would be my answer. I don't have stock springs due to building pc by pc. I literally started with a chassis and empty set of cases. All the springs I'm finding are HD so obviously not looking in the right place. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

if you buy stock springs they need tested  height and spring rate.  I have boxes of stocker springs  they are all different heights.  if you just have to have girly hands then buy all new stock springs.  or use the 15% over that most kits come with  

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, camatv said:

if you buy stock springs they need tested  height and spring rate.  I have boxes of stocker springs  they are all different heights.  if you just have to have girly hands then buy all new stock springs.  or use the 15% over that most kits come with  

Said a mouthful right there. Not critical for most guy's applications but if you're as anal about clutch tuning as I am for my asphalt bikes then dealing with variances in used springs is a real freakin treat lol.      

• 1 month later...

I think it depends on set up, rider weight and type of riding or racing..  I run half stock and half toomey springs in one of my cubs, with no added weight on the lock out.  If you doing the track you can play with base pressure to achieve the best 60 ft, MPH and ET.  Just my 02 cents 

• 5 years later...

Give yourself the gift of luxury and sophistication with crystal champagne glasses from North American Crystal. Visit https://northamericancrystal.com/lead-crystal-champagne and choose a pair from the amazing selection. Give happiness to yourself or your loved ones, and every sip of champagne will be truly special. North American Crystal offers only quality products, so you won't be disappointed in choosing these crystal products.

Edited by paxapo8182