T5's...material? Polish or paint?

BurntLegs

Hey guys...in the process of restoring a Banshee. I think I may have messed up my Toomeys...

After cleaning out the insides of one expansion chamber, I made the mistake of hitting it with a finishing pad using an angle grinder...I think they are chrome and I just ate the chrome and ruined the nickel underneath?

So my question... will they rust quickly if I just leave the brushed look? Should I high temp paint them? (Sleeper mode hehe)

I do plan on upgrading my carb/exhaust setup around the springtime so I am not too motivated to put the elbow grease into full on polishing it.

thanks

Well I started with repacking the silencers, they were horrid. The excessive death in the silencers made me look at the expansion chambers better, there was about an eighth inch of carbon on the header side. The T5's will already be choking my setup so I decided to clean them internally. May have been a waste of time but a whooole lotta exhaust splooge came out regardless.

Guess I'll paint em black and make a snoozer