Alloy Boltz Sucks

highcomp26

• 5 months later...

I appreciate the other members questions of the individual that started this thread.  He had to try someway to feel like he was getting even.  He didn't deal with my wife Michelle.  He dealt with me, Bob.  His inconsistencies and ever changing story in his emails are why he couldn't file a claim through Paypal and his Negative feedback was not allowed by Ebay.  He has tried his negative string, as one of the other guys said, on the YFZ forum as well.  He also left one on Google reviews.  We will reply to all.

He purchased one of our kits earlier this year.  Then contacted us saying he had an issue with all the large suspension bolts in the kit.  He could only thread the nuts up to the Nylon in the Ny-loc nuts and then as he tightened them, they would lock up.  That's why Anti-seize HAS to be used.  This is a problem with the larger 10mm, 12mm & 14mm stainless bolts and Ny-loc nuts.  That's why we send an information sheet with every order we send.  It doesn't matter if it's one screw or a large ATV kit.  Here's a copy of the warning in the instruction sheet we send.

YOU MUST USE ANTI-SEIZE AS A REGULAR PRACTICE, PARTICULARLY IN BLIND HOLES OR WITH NYLON INSERT NUTS- IF YOU EVER WANT TO REMOVE THE FASTENER. IF IT IS NOT USED, THE BOLTS AND NUTS CAN BIND AND SEIZE. THEY WILL HAVE TO BE CUT OR BROKEN TO REMOVE.
LOC-TITE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NY-LOCK NUTS. USE ANTI-SEIZE!
IT’S AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT WITH ALUMINUM!
ON APPLICATIONS WHERE THERE IS VIBRATION, BLUE OR RED LOC-TITE CAN BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANTI-SEIZE ON THE BOLTS.

Large 10mm, 12mm & 14mm Diameter Stainless and large standard thread bolts have a propensity to cold weld with Nyloc nuts if anti-seize is not used.  That's why anyone that sells stainless puts that info out for all to see.  That includes ARP, who we are a distributor for them.

I started questioning him about the fact he only had issues with those large bolts and his use of anti-seize.  He finally admitted he didn't use it in one of his emails.  He said he shouldn't have to.  That's why Paypal and Ebay didn't back him in the many different claims he tried.  He stated in one of the forum comments the whole box just got tossed.  In his emails he said he couldn't return the kit for refund because he installed all the bolts on his Banshee except the large suspension bolts he locked up.  He wanted money back for the suspension bolts he broke.  Why keep breaking bolts?  I just kept asking him for an explanation.  He never would give one.  He just kept saying those bolts had problems.  If there was a thread problem.  It wouldn't even start to thread.  The fact he got them to thread to the Nylon shows a lot.

He said he was an experienced builder.  Why would an experienced builder just keep seizing up bolts and ruining them?  All he had to do was contact us after the first bolt gave him a problem and we would have told him what to do and what his issue was.  We would have even sent him a replacement, but we're not going to replace all of the suspension bolts because he just kept breaking them off.  I don't know of any company that would do that?

I wanted to make sure both sides of this story were out there for the Forum members.  We have worked with Tyler and the BansheeHQ Forum for years as a sponsor.  We stand by our products and if there is an issue, we will make it right.  You can't please all customers all the time though!

• Like 2

Ive turned a wrench or two and i will tell you this, i have an almost complete bolt kit laying around some where that i refused after breaking a hand full of these bolts. Thats with and without anti seize. I personally think these kits are junk. That said, ive know many people that have had zero problems and love the kit.

I bought one of their full kits, used anti seize on the 1st initial install as they recommended ....  its been YEARS that ive had these bolts on my bike and have yet to have ANY issues with them.

ive also used plenty of the left over bolts i had with the kit for VARIOUS other bikes with 0 issues. 

I have this kit for my R and I was a idiot and never applied anti seize to the threads. Still haven't, and I've tore my quad down a few times and have never had a problem. This kit has been nothing short of amazing, I recommend this kit to all my riding buddies. Glad to hear your side of the story.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 12/11/2017 at 3:44 PM, Alloy Boltz said:

I appreciate the other members questions of the individual that started this thread.  He had to try someway to feel like he was getting even.  He didn't deal with my wife Michelle.  He dealt with me, Bob.  His inconsistencies and ever changing story in his emails are why he couldn't file a claim through Paypal and his Negative feedback was not allowed by Ebay.  He has tried his negative string, as one of the other guys said, on the YFZ forum as well.  He also left one on Google reviews.  We will reply to all.

He purchased one of our kits earlier this year.  Then contacted us saying he had an issue with all the large suspension bolts in the kit.  He could only thread the nuts up to the Nylon in the Ny-loc nuts and then as he tightened them, they would lock up.  That's why Anti-seize HAS to be used.  This is a problem with the larger 10mm, 12mm & 14mm stainless bolts and Ny-loc nuts.  That's why we send an information sheet with every order we send.  It doesn't matter if it's one screw or a large ATV kit.  Here's a copy of the warning in the instruction sheet we send.

YOU MUST USE ANTI-SEIZE AS A REGULAR PRACTICE, PARTICULARLY IN BLIND HOLES OR WITH NYLON INSERT NUTS- IF YOU EVER WANT TO REMOVE THE FASTENER. IF IT IS NOT USED, THE BOLTS AND NUTS CAN BIND AND SEIZE. THEY WILL HAVE TO BE CUT OR BROKEN TO REMOVE.
LOC-TITE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NY-LOCK NUTS. USE ANTI-SEIZE!
IT’S AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT WITH ALUMINUM!
ON APPLICATIONS WHERE THERE IS VIBRATION, BLUE OR RED LOC-TITE CAN BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANTI-SEIZE ON THE BOLTS.

Large 10mm, 12mm & 14mm Diameter Stainless and large standard thread bolts have a propensity to cold weld with Nyloc nuts if anti-seize is not used.  That's why anyone that sells stainless puts that info out for all to see.  That includes ARP, who we are a distributor for them.

I started questioning him about the fact he only had issues with those large bolts and his use of anti-seize.  He finally admitted he didn't use it in one of his emails.  He said he shouldn't have to.  That's why Paypal and Ebay didn't back him in the many different claims he tried.  He stated in one of the forum comments the whole box just got tossed.  In his emails he said he couldn't return the kit for refund because he installed all the bolts on his Banshee except the large suspension bolts he locked up.  He wanted money back for the suspension bolts he broke.  Why keep breaking bolts?  I just kept asking him for an explanation.  He never would give one.  He just kept saying those bolts had problems.  If there was a thread problem.  It wouldn't even start to thread.  The fact he got them to thread to the Nylon shows a lot.

He said he was an experienced builder.  Why would an experienced builder just keep seizing up bolts and ruining them?  All he had to do was contact us after the first bolt gave him a problem and we would have told him what to do and what his issue was.  We would have even sent him a replacement, but we're not going to replace all of the suspension bolts because he just kept breaking them off.  I don't know of any company that would do that?

I wanted to make sure both sides of this story were out there for the Forum members.  We have worked with Tyler and the BansheeHQ Forum for years as a sponsor.  We stand by our products and if there is an issue, we will make it right.  You can't please all customers all the time though!

I will be buying one of your kits soon, This may be a silly question considering this post. but will other stuff work as a "barrier layer? Or specifically anti Sieze? (Silver, Gold, or Nickel)? It may sound silly but I prefer this gasket maker called "the Right Stuff" I don't care if the bolt fails upon removal as long as it stays in.