Which Swing arm size should I use

Cubkiller417

I have a 7mm stock cylinder with astound 107hp on slicks. Currently I have a stock length arm on the bike with Mickey Thompson slicks 18/9/10. I'm looking to get as most power down to the ground with out the bike standing straight up in the air. (Which it's doing now). I figure I should go with a slightly extended arm, but I don't know what size I should order. Any inputs??? Bike has a 230 pound jockey and a 135 pound on a full uncut chassis. Bike is for asphalt only. Please help. And no lean forward comments please

I have a 7mm stock cylinder with astound 107hp on slicks. Currently I have a stock length arm on the bike with Mickey Thompson slicks 18/9/10. I'm looking to get as most power down to the ground with out the bike standing straight up in the air. (Which it's doing now). I figure I should go with a slightly extended arm, but I don't know what size I should order. Any inputs??? Bike has a 230 pound jockey and a 135 pound on a full uncut chassis. Bike is for asphalt only. Please help. And no lean forward comments please

f5d6f785b894c637ed6e8ece7eddcbc5.jpg

Nice 8 over link arm from metaltech of you are interested. $375 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little hard to give advice like suggested swingarm length based on ride environment and hp number alone.   There isn't a single component that determines anything.  A well set up bike is a system of all components.  I ran this 8 over on a 105hp stk cyl 4m in a sand drag application with a link shaw set up with 13 haulers and 14 extremes at a 72 ro with 14/41 and 14/42 gearing. 

SP

• Like 1

Run a bar, longer swingarm means less traction.

Unfortunately people down here in Florida don't really race bar bikes anymore. I figured with a longer arm I'll spin a little bit out the whole. But will catch up by the 330. Maybe with some more lockup tuning I can get the stock length swinger to work?

Unfortunately people down here in Florida don't really race bar bikes anymore. I figured with a longer arm I'll spin a little bit out the whole. But will catch up by the 330. Maybe with some more lockup tuning I can get the stock length swinger to work?

I have zero asphalt experience but I wouldn't feel safe with a stock length swinger. I'd say a plus 10 to 14 and maybe some ankle weights or something on the front if needed to keep the front down when launching.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Mickey Thompson and stock length swinger don't mix . Them guys in Florida love running no bars stock length swinger, but they are not running Slicks as tires . Been down there several times to race with them guys . I've set my bike up on knobbies with stock length swinger and well tuned lock out to slip out the hole . Also been down there track racing with them on slicks with a bar and a plus 8 . I'm lighter then you . So pick your poison on what you wanna set up for . Track racing with slicks and a bar you gonna want a +10-11 in swinger at your weight . On the street with slicks I'd say plus 8, still using a bar . No bar stock length pick a knobbie tire . Which ever way you go gonna set the clutch up totally different . I can pretty much 1.4 60ft however stated the bike be set up. Things take time lots of testing, seriously don't get discouraged . Nobody is gonna tell you how to set up your clutch though.

• Like 2