Question about pistons

Ported to da muthafuckn max = he doesn't know lol. You have them off? Take you're time, and send them out to someone. Have them throw a degree wheel, or measure heights. Then you know what you have sir. Hell why you have time look the crank over, and other shit. No need to rush the unknown imo.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I just had it apart to put a new transmission in, then a timing plate, water pump impeller/gear, flywheel and then put it together so I could ride this weekend. The crank is welded, but I did not check top end. I only found the email and saw that he said they were ported. I am hoping to figure out what he meant and what port was done, and where he had it done. I have another motor and tons of parts from my old rz350s. What are recommendations if I were to send a motor out for a full 4mill setup? About what price range would I be looking?

Good prices for porting. What if I wanted to get a bigger bore? Is it worth doing? I see that I can buy brand new cylinders for $140, I would send those out to avoid the hassle of not knowing what has even been done to the ones I have on. Might as well go big while I am getting new ones.

Edited by grantevans713

What is your current bore size? If buying the niche cylinders buy only the cylinders, and only for the purpose of having them ported, and fit to forged pistons. They work, but far from oem casting quality.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk