Fox float evols vs elka stage 5

Andreb84

I guess you don't have to but I did have a buddy that had a set and when the quad sat for a few months on end the front end was alot lower then usual and he had to pump the shocks back up. Maybe something was wrong with his shocks then. I could of swore he said when you fill up the shocks it should be lifted up. Maybe I got confused with what he said. That was awhile ago can't really remember

• Like 1

I guess you don't have to but I did have a buddy that had a set and when the quad sat for a few months on end the front end was alot lower then usual and he had to pump the shocks back up. Maybe something was wrong with his shocks then. I could of swore he said when you fill up the shocks it should be lifted up. Maybe I got confused with what he said. That was awhile ago can't really remember

my fox floats have not sagged a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Beat taco said:

I'm currently looking to build a bike with fox shocks. What length and model works best? I'll be building a arms to fit so I wanted to pick up my shocks first. Also will need a rear shock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you are building your arms yourself you can pick any length and model you want and then place the mounts accordingly. You'll need shocks that have the correct extended and compressed length for your arms and then of course valved for your application. Any reason you're building your own arms? There is a lot of design and analysis that goes into proper arm/shock geometry.

What are these worth in excellent condition? Set up for Lt banshee. Would you run them?

I was going to throw my chrome works/lsr std travel setup on this build but realized I'd hate it compared to my current setup. The frame is stock nicely lightened by Arlo with a +10 link arm. Any advice appreciated cf9385a18ef02c4a4d53d7341df7b4ad.jpg

Those have to be old as fuck.

Alright so my rear setup is what it is. What do I buy?

Front setup, I will just do a standard LT unless a different length makes sense for some reason I hadn't thought of. What do I buy? Want light with excellent ride.

Thank you!

The stickers were a retro kit released in 2015. Those are the previous generation floats and I'm happy with mine. I have some Elka stage 4 I put on, rode once, and went back to the floats. Never ridden the newest floats so I don't know how these compare. I also am upgrading to Fireball arms and will be selling a set of Alba arms with Floats, Elkas or Axis shocks if anyone is interested.