Some Oregon Dune Closures, mostly trails

Ducman

I'm not sure if the info in the link below is current, if these are proposed closures, or if they have already happened.  I'm mostly familiar with the Winchester Bay riding area and it looks like they are closing some of the fun trails and hill climbs that go through the trees.  Look at the legend for "user created trails - closed".  Last year when I went to Winchester I was sad to see that the new hill climb that was just north of Banshee hill was blocked off.  That was one of the most challenging and exciting hill climbs of all time in my book.

http://sandgoons.com/oregon-dune-closures.php

Every pdf in the link is from 2014. Anything new?

I mainly looked at Winchester Bay since I'm most familiar with this riding area.  The only thing I saw on the PDF indicating the date of the PDF was where it said "No decision will be implemented in 2014".  I know one hill climb I mentioned above is shown on the map as a newly closed trail and that one was closed last year, but the other trails shown as closed were still open last year so I was wondering if some of the other trails shown were new closures I haven't seen in person yet.

These trails and hill climbs through the trees are what makes Winchester so much fun and I'm just hoping that they don't screw them up.  We are doing a trip to WB some time in May, so I guess I will find out.

The Oregon dunes are so fucked up and so fucking saturated with laws and law enforcement I cannot fathom why anyone would ride them. This entire state is a fucking joke. 

I'm from CA which is probably even worse than Oregon.  My only options for sand riding (live in FarNorcal) within a 6 hr drive is Sand Mountain NV or Oregon dunes.  The BLM is over regulating SMNV too.  When I was a kid you could ride anywhere at Winchester Bay including the beach or as far south as you could physically get on your machine.  We like WB because we can go crabbing off the dock, buy some fresh oysters for the BBQ, and there is still a lot of fun terrain and hill climbs there that are still open to ride.

OR is one of the dumbest states in the USA.

I mean, it's fucking illegal to pump your own gas.

Your state knows you're not even smart enough to pump gas.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The whole idea behind making someone pump your gas it to create jobs, yes its that stupid.

• 7 months later...

Yup, just went to FLorence for the first time in a few years and most of the tree shots were blocked. They actually got smart this time and pilled brush and logs infront of all the tree shots. Coos bay shut down more last summer at Boxcar with fences.  Seen the cops hiding out at some of the more popular tree shots that were just recently closed.   The treeshots are in my opinion what make the oregon dunes some of the funest sand dunes around.  sucks... time to take up bowling... ya right..  but still sucks