New serval problem

Gemeiner

Just got my new 421 serval motor in the frame and im trying to break it in but im having some problems.

Its a 421 dune/play ported serval. I have pc pipes for now, 35mm pwks, k&n filters with outerwears, vforce 4 reeds,

With 35mm pwks i Started with 155main and 58 pilots with the needle on the 4th clip, im at 4000 feet. I synced the carbs and when i started it, It seemed rich and wouldnt idle. So i went down to 52 pilots which helped the smoking and it idles when its warm but not when cold.

Also the right cylinder smokes and pops a little. It has a chariot racing cool head so i know the o rings could be off. Not sure if compression testing would tell me much since i havent broken it in yet.

Also when I was syncing the carbs i noticed a little smoke came out of the carb on the right side

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Gemeiner

Dont forget im at 4000 feet so i should be smaller than yours. Im only noticing trouble on the bottom end right now. It was sluggish on the bottom with the 58 pilot amd smoking so i thought it was rich so went 2 sizes down to 52 which ended up too lean. Gunna try 55s now.

Mid and top pull so hard its awesome. Just gotta dial in the pilot

Edited by Gemeiner

Wire harness touched the pipe and melted. Easy fix. Just in a bad spot since i removed the airbox. Need to figure out where to put it or if i can insulate it.

kompolsive concepts harness FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I started with 58 pilots but it smoked a lot so I went to 52. but bottom end was bad with a 52 pilot and turning the air screws in made it better so I went to 55s. going to 55s made a huge difference, it starts first kick and feels good but I noticed a flat spot in 4th. haven't adjusted the main yet

Look up some high temp thermal sleeves.

Ill do that. thats exactly what i was wondering about.

I think im still lean on my 55 pilot. FAST says i should be at 58. Plus when i was riding earlier it ran pretty decent at 60 degrees but once it cooled off this afternoon like 40 degrees it started running like crap on the bottom.

Its pretty much broken in now so ill do a plug chop and see whats going on.

Edited by Gemeiner