banshee brakes

js2289

Quick question regarding the brakes on a banshee. I bought a banshee that has been sitting for years and in great shape. I rebuilt it over the winter.  However  I  also recently bought a leftover yfz450r  the brakes on it are stellar,  On pavement I can almost endo.  My banshee not so much, they were never super great but they feel like they struggle to stop compared to the yfz .  How are banshee brakes compared to the yfz?  I know the yfz has 2 piston calipers.  

The banshee's have been bled with fresh dot4 and there is no air in the system.  (used a power bleeder) . No leaks. Have a great firm pull on the lever.  Pads are good.  Only thing I can think of they are glazed.  Any thoughts? Am I expecting too much from the single piston calipers?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fronts only. Not a drop in on a stock banshee (dust shields are in the way). Yes, bolt everything up.

So all you need to do to make em fit is remove the dust shields and after that there's enough space to just bolt them right on without any further modifications?

Edited by nickon

• 2 weeks later...