Alba lt and elka shocks

jmross

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats normal, if your adjustments arent spot on. do some measuring of camber, and toe. double check the caster spacers too. Mine just touch the arm at full lock, full extension. but how often is it there, I have it adjusted for good camber and toe at ride height with me on it.

Edited by Scrubby

The uppers can only go on one way I think. I don't think it would clear the shock upside down. The lowers are correct. Verified with alba over the phone. On a flat service the tops of my tires are cambered in about a 1/4" using a square. Front tires are in line with the rear tires. Everything looks the same from side to side as far as how the lowers are built. Maybe my steering stem is a little off where the tierod mounts? It's an alba racing stem also. The left side tierod clears no problem. Just the right side hits. I might have to live with it I guess. Felt great riding it last weekend. Bushings are making noise, but that's it.

Edited by jmross

Could your stem, upper hoop be knocked back a bit? I know mines back 1/ to 3/4 of an inch. and my tie rods do touch but only at full droop, compress it about an inch it clears. im actually going to drill the arms for zerk fittings when I take em off to replace the bushings and pins next week, so I can flush out the grit. I use 2 sets a year. but I had ole funky pins, Alba is sending me new style pins with the bushing kit, so we will see.

• 2 months later...