Alba lt and elka shocks

jmross

No, I havent solved the issue. Pretty sure its the a arms that are the issue. Last trip I blew the head gasket. So i have other problens to fix now. Won't mess with the bike for a few months. Going to be too hot here, in AZ.

Don't buy alba arms.

Edited by jmross

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I havent solved the issue. Pretty sure its the a arms that are the issue. Last trip I blew the head gasket. So i have other problens to fix now. Won't mess with the bike for a few months. Going to be too hot here, in AZ.

Don't buy alba arms.

That sucks. Well I guess I will look at other kits. 

Not sure if anyone asked yet but is the pre load set the same on each shock? I only ask because you are only have an issue on one side.

I have Alba +2+1 arms with Elka shocks too. Once the wheels and tires are on and set on the ground there were no clearance issues.

• 3 months later...

forgot about this thread but i have ridden many times with this setup and had not had any issues. From what i can tell, it appears that alba's jig is fucked up because the side that hits at full lock (right knee when sitting on bike) has a wider spread on the lower shock mount compared to the other side (which does not hit at full lock) which would push the rear tube back and therefore hit the tie rod. Other than that, powder coat quality is junk and looked like someone rattle canned it inside a cardboard box. Regardless, night and day difference over a stock suspension setup. 

Wider where the shock lower eye mounts? Or wider between the tubing that runs from frame to ball joint?  Big difference going from my last setup too.  I imagine that's because of the shocks though.  Stock shocks to Elkas.  I've only made 1 dune trip on it, not sure how the front end will hold up yet.  

• 2 weeks later...

the spread between the lower A-arm. From the front tube to rear tube has a larger gap in between the lower shock mounting bolt. they ride great and the setup is night/day from stock. Just poor quality control and horrible powder coating. 

• 3 years later...