Trail tech billet lights

Drizzy

I bought a banshee and it had the trail tech billet chrome lights. One of the bulbs is burned out can't seem to find it. The inside of bulb says"Trail tech TORCH 35sp. New on here any info would help. Did find something on cascadeinovations but didn't know if I needed flood or spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.! So on that mr16 bulb I just wire some wire to the ends I assume? Any hardware stores sell these?

There is a socket in the housing that the pins on the bulb plug into.

The bulbs are common in house lighting, you can buy them at Lowes, Homedepot, or Walmart usually.

Yeah, I've actually never seen a 120 volt one. I stand corrected.  But to be fair, that is the wrong base size and wont plug in ;)

So look for a 12V MR16 Gx5.3 base halogen bulb.

Also, damn, you quoted me before I edited my previous post. lol

Issue with that is some of those bulbs are 120vac. Not really good in a banshee.

Found some 7w 50w equivalent LED bulbs. Had to just make a connector with wire that plugged into the ends of the bulb. Couldn't find bulb with actual wire from the socket of bulb. Got them working and they are pretty bright! Never got to try and see how bright the original 35w bulbs were though. Edited by Drizzy

42c20260c2d91665779f6fc655e8f40b.png these work awesome.

I thought about getting some of these. They look pretty sweet and I'm sure they are bright. Would a stock stator work and what did u do for brackets and mounting them??

I thought about getting some of these. They look pretty sweet and I'm sure they are bright. Would a stock stator work and what did u do for brackets and mounting them??

I didn't have headlight brackets on my banshee and they come with a bracket that I just mounted where the oem bracket was supposed to be. My stock stator ran them fine but I ended up getting an rc car battery pack so they would not dim on me. The battery runs them forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't have headlight brackets on my banshee and they come with a bracket that I just mounted where the oem bracket was supposed to be. My stock stator ran them fine but I ended up getting an rc car battery pack so they would not dim on me. The battery runs them forever.

Those LED Bulbs I ended up putting in would dim and almost flicker a bit kind of annoying. Ima order some of those LED lights though I bet they are way brighter. So do u just charge the battery every now and then? There any info somewhere on how to install one

Those LED Bulbs I ended up putting in would dim and almost flicker a bit kind of annoying. Ima order some of those LED lights though I bet they are way brighter. So do u just charge the battery every now and then? There any info somewhere on how to install one

yeah I just got 2 battery's and a charger and rotate them out every so often. I just mounted the battery in the nose of the bike, ran a toggle switch up to the handle bars and perfect lighting.

These will still flicker on stock stator but they are way way way better than the trail tech torch lights. I had a set of them and after I got the led lights I literally tossed the trail tech in the trash

Those look clean and super cheap! I'm ordering them today. Sorry to hijack this post but you know of a way to wire them up to work off the stator without flickering and not have to mess with the stock stator? Also if you can wire them up with the battery to the stock switch? My nephew has tons of those rc batterys laying around.

• Like 1

Those look clean and super cheap! I'm ordering them today. Sorry to hijack this post but you know of a way to wire them up to work off the stator without flickering and not have to mess with the stock stator? Also if you can wire them up with the battery to the stock switch? My nephew has tons of those rc batterys laying around.

I'm not sure about being able to wire them to stock stator without flicker. I don't see why you couldn't use the oem light switch tho

• Like 1