Chariot Banshee Dm and Cheetah billet head

We have new billet DM and Cheetah heads that use current style domes.  The greatest feature on this head is the center stud block.  This block is oring sealed and will cock a bit to clamp down on two uneven thickness domes.  The biggest problems with Dm and Cheetah heads is the center stud will not clamp down tight on uneven domes.  Most domes are at least .002" different in thickness.  If you look closely at most cylinders you see black at the center stud showing blow by pas t the orings.  This head will keep the compression where it is supposed to be.  We have straight and angle fitting option heads.  These are listed on ebay. I would link them but it never works on my computer.  

Jerry 

A couple other points to make here.  We tightened up the water flow so more is forced into the cylinder around the exhaust.  We also machined the head at the top of the dome to the correct size so that the domes will not leak coolant here.  Lastly we made the angle fitting in two pieces so that we could avoid the bolt from cutting off coolant flow.  Look inside the angle fittings on other dm heads and you see about 20% of the flow is blocked.  Not good for an engine that creates so much heat.

Jerry   

• Like 1

some did have fins like air cool cyl. others were steps like stairs but no matter which method they were worthless. from the looks of it chariot put more thought into his than what others are doing

So we're the fins on the old school air cooled engines worthless?

These are not our domes.  These are domes made for all the current dm and cheetah heads by others.  What I am showing here is that all the domes I have measured were .002" diff at least and for this cylinder where the one center stud sits on the edge of both domes this is a problem.  Our domes, when we made them were always right on the money.  

Jerry 

i said the dome fins resemble air cool head fins in appearance. never said air cool fins are useless. fins on a head dome in the waterjacket are useless. even if they were vertical/paralell with water flow direction instead of horizontal i still doubt they would be of any value. some where i have cad drawing of good water passage design but im on my phone and dont have acess