Vanilla Gorilla Racing Sprocket Guard.

Wertzy

Picked this up the other day. Heard good things about this little company in the GNCC scene and saw them offering it for only $40 so I snatched one up. Gonna try and mount it up today and get some pictures. It's made of UHMW. (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene.) I'm an injection molder myself so I know the strength of this material. Instead of taking a direct shock like steel does...UHMW kinda "obsorbs" the shock.

I'm going on a dice run this weekend...will post before and after pictures of how it holds up.

81875227beafcb86fa8d0d03a23776e2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry I actually haven't got around to installing it yet. I'm trying to find a way to remove the factory studs in the sprocket hub then replace them with new hardware which I have to find. Going to try and work on it this weekend and post some pictures. I did notice already though...that in order to install it I will have to trim the rear chain slide some.

Sorry I actually haven't got around to installing it yet. I'm trying to find a way to remove the factory studs in the sprocket hub then replace them with new hardware which I have to find. Going to try and work on it this weekend and post some pictures. I did notice already though...that in order to install it I will have to trim the rear chain slide some.

Rent a metric stud puller from local parts store like auto zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't that poly wear down and become a smaller diameter in no time when ridi g in rocky and rutted trails?

Uhmv will probably keep is shape under hits better than aluminium, but yes it will wear out faster.

But i think the first goal of this thing is absorb hits.

But i'm guessing here, it's the first time i saw uhmv used that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Won't that poly wear down and become a smaller diameter in no time when ridi g in rocky and rutted trails?

We will find out because that is all I ride in. If it does, I will only be out $40 and won't ever buy it again. I'm probably gonna have a couple aluminum ones made at work anyway as backups.