In house frame modification questions.

Still waiting on proof of anything at all that you have said lmao.

Still waiting on proof you are not inbred.

Still waiting on proof you have a day job.

Still waiting on proof you are not an extremist.

Still waiting on proof you dont fornicate with farm animals.

Still waiting on proof you and windy dont play naked leapfrog.

I am sorry for ruining your thread, but just want to make sure you get the correct info. Welding 3 pieces together to get a single straight bar will not be stronger than a single piece bar.

Haha no worries it's keeping people coming back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

It looks like you have the engine just sitting on the lazy susan.

It would be better if you could have it actually mount to it.

The yellow knob, is that to lock it in place from twisting?

JDS makes an stand already looks something like this. It allows you to bolt the engine to it and raise/lower the height and twist it.

When you work on an engine, it is nice to have it bolted to something so it is solid and you can put force on it to take parts off.

http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/yamaha-banshee-engine-stand/#

a18cc7319b66e0c24a89142ec2e637a3.jpg

Yeah it's just sitting on it for cleaning.it's actually just a salvaged part from these work out machines. We have about 20 that are brand new but being scrapped.

The engine stand wouldn't be hard to modify like that at all.

I've been trying to find a way to modify the other type we have to do that but with the whole bike.

Either find somewhere to sell them as is fully working machines, make something out of them to sell them. Or again just end up taking the lot to the scrap yard and getting scrap prices. Some rich doctors idea, but he can't keep his mind made up on them.

Might find something to do with them.

Avoidance, back peddling, pretending to be a troll.

Sounds familar, oh it is. Same happened when you claimed AV gas is dirty.

You do realize you also avoid shit and back pedal right? ofcourse you dont lmao.

So i figure i might as well do the same thing.

AV gas has more additives, lead, TEL and other shit depending which kind and where you get it.

Alot of 15+ year old planes out there, they should scrap em right?

You are so fucking stupid. You don't get it.

You don't even know shit about AVgas yet you say you work with it all the time. The fact you say lead and TEL is proof. TEL is lead. There is a reason you are not the one designing the planes and you are the bitch that has to fix old ones.

I dont work with it all the time, most shit im around uses Jet a or similar.

I said both TEL and lead because most dont know what TEL is.

If i say channel locks and tongue and groove am i talking about two different things?

You love this shit, its what you live for, you lurk these forums while on your ass all day just wishing somebody comes along who will play with you.

Just to stir the pot I'm going to add my 2 cents to the whole one piece is stronger than 2 pieces welded together debate. If you were to butt weld 2 pieces of steel together assuming that the weld was a 100% full penetration and no discontinues existed with in the weld metal (slag, porosity) then the weld would actually be stronger then the parent material assuming proper filler material was used. The problem is that the area of parent material directly beside the weld becomes affected. This area is called the heat affected zone. This region of material will definitely have less strength then the weld or the original unaffected steel. So unless your willing to go to extreme lengths (heat treating and radiograpghy) to ensure that the grain structure is normalized throughout the whole part and no flaws exist within the weld then 1 piece will definitely be stronger then 2 welded together.

pieces welded together can be quit strong or it could fail miserably. this all depends on the welders skill level. anybody that's been in a basic welding class has likely butt welded 2 pieces together and bent them in half. a good weld has no problem bending just as a single piece does. I would rather avoid welding if at all possible but sometimes its not a option. if the part in question is appropriate for the application then it wont matter if its welded or one piece. hell some guy at work today twisted a f550 axle shaft in half

• Like 1