Ultra Carbon CNC machinable Carbon Fiber Stock.

trickedcarbine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try Gordon composites for carbon.  As far as cutters another option that I have used and works well is diamond grit tooling.  Another option instead of carbon is epoxy board.  You can find a chemistry sink manufacturer and buy reject countertops or cutouts pretty cheap and it is essentially the same as carbon.  I think weight is about the same as well.  The difference is you won't likely have the fiber in it.  I have machined that as well with diamond grit cutters. Dirty Dirty stuff to machine.

Try Gordon composites for carbon. As far as cutters another option that I have used and works well is diamond grit tooling. Another option instead of carbon is epoxy board. You can find a chemistry sink manufacturer and buy reject countertops or cutouts pretty cheap and it is essentially the same as carbon. I think weight is about the same as well. The difference is you won't likely have the fiber in it. I have machined that as well with diamond grit cutters. Dirty Dirty stuff to machine.

Thank you for the lead. I've not yet looked at anything from Gordon Composites, but will give it a shot. I was told 12 weeks on an inget and I'm quite a ways past that so it may be time to investigate alternatives.

• 2 months later...

Well fuck... I've waited forever for this. It no longer looks like it's gonna happen. Ultra Carbon is for sale and only finishing non R&D type stuff. I've made a few pieces and I'll admit I broke a set of pipe hangers. To thin and to much vibration for the 1/8" stuff to stay alive. My silencers are holding up but I need to find a better set of rivets and I need to put resin where the holes were drilled to encase the ends of the fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk