HJR 250r Motor Review

sangheraent

Ok so long story I had my motor built buy a shop at the dunes and it sucked bad detonated everywhere ran like poo and was very slow.

So I sent that motor off to Kevin at HJR and he went over it and re-ported it and cut me a new dome. Turn around time was OK not the 10 days it says but other then that everything was perfect.

My motor before could not keep up to a stock yfz not even close, now my bike is neck and neck with a piped and tuned YFZ450r while he was running 20" tires and I only had 18" both stock gearing I had balding tires and his were mint on a fresh cut hay field. I'm happy with that, I was getting annoyed being miles behind everyone.

my motor is a Procross 310 cylinder with a +4mm crank.

3rd bike he has ported for me and been happy with all of them.

if the stinger diam is to small it can put excess heat back into the piston causing all sorts of problems. guys more familiar with hondas like jerry hall and maybe even arlen do modify the stingers on some esr pipes depending what engine its used on

maybe theyve fixed it now but the older esr jugs i seen had crappy water jacketing which was probly partly to blame for troubles folks were having

• 3 weeks later...

so update this motor flat out rips, It has maybe 5% more power with the esr9 pipe but the damn thing wont seal because of my cr500 linkage. So I am back with the sparks MX pipe which to be honest is not bad. Bike is again neck and neck on the dunes with a piped and tuned yfz450r actually 3 of them. If I get a good start I can win by a hair but I'm bad at drags.

Its not too bad on fuel nothing like the old banshee I used about 11 gallons on our trip but that counts the 2 gallons still in the fuel tank so really its 9 gallons.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...