My 421 cub build

I'm really not familiar with any Builders around here as in this is my first Stroker motor. Do you know what his name is by any chance? There really isn't a true 6-speed cub that can handle the power. Transmission wise? Instead of getting an override

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

Over ride is for clutch less drag racing and typically don't fair well in regular riding. What you want is a Pro Mod trans. Full 6 speed. Just a few things reworked in effort to get the ol dinosaur to shift like butter.

Over ride is for clutch less drag racing and typically don't fair well in regular riding. What you want is a Pro Mod trans. Full 6 speed. Just a few things reworked in effort to get the ol dinosaur to shift like butter.

Ok. I really didn't want an override cause Ill mainly trail it. Occasional drag but nothing serious. Pro mod tranny pretty expensive?

Ok. I really didn't want an override cause Ill mainly trail it. Occasional drag but nothing serious. Pro mod tranny pretty expensive?

$250-300 and your core, depending on who is doing it. Cam at Redline, Camatv, and Tyson do a ton of them with good reviews.

That's not bad at all on the price. I was thinking 500-700$ range.

But I have another question. I was looking into the pro mod tranny yesterday evening an I seen one where it's a 1-4 m5/6. Now would that mean I would only use the clutch in the two higher gears? Would neutral be at the same position as stock? An when I down shift, how would that operate. Could I rev match or is that a no- no? I know I have a lot of questions the transmission part is all new to me

Thanks for clearing that up for me ZillaFreak. I wanted a true 6 speed trans that would hold the power instead of going override but I guess you got to give up some to get a little

Actually I was still thinking override again!!! Nevermind I got it all cleared up!

You off to a good start. You're a noob, but an honest noob about your lack of knowledge. That's greatly appreciated here. You get so much more help when you're honest, can form complete sentences, and answer the Qs you've been asked. I would definitely hit up surf for some help. Getting real dyno #s is a great tool. There's a few threads on here in the dyno room where dudes have added a good amount of power with proper jetting. GL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

386c2a863ee4d58274e4263d198f279c.jpg

ee90810051521221b98a10d5442cf867.jpg

Still waiting on my new throttle and throttle cables , MSR clutch lever Karma parking brake block off and a few more items. Should be here tomorrow! I'll be in the market for some Billet intakes for 35mm carbs, vf-4 reeds , and a +6 or better swingarm and carrier. Roundhouse preferred

• Like 1

Sounds and looks like a really stout setup! Are you sure you want to go +6 on the swinger? That's a little long for the trails-I only speak from experience as 90% of all my riding is in the trails.. You want some maneuverability, maybe compromise and go +2 or +4.. Some guys will tell you stay stock length or even shortened swinger..