My leak down test results

tdod101

I just checked my emails and in Aug of 2015 when you got the Mtr you said you did a leak then and had no leaks. You said it had diff plug colors left to right. With left side being tad wet and right being dry. I give every Mtr to leave shop a leak down test I know it wasn't leaking when it left here and I guess you found same to be true.

Well then why is it leaking now. It's not like I had a reason to take it apart till now. Still doesn't explain one wet plug and one dry. One ride and a year later I do another leak down test before a trip and it leaks. I'm no mechanic. I followed your directions for jetting.

I believe you also said you trued the crank since it was used. And replaced a bearing. And made sure the welds were good.

Edited by tdod101

Well then why is it leaking now. It's not like I had a reason to take it apart till now. Still doesn't explain one wet plug and one dry. One ride and a year later I do another leak down test before a trip and it leaks. I'm no mechanic. I followed your directions for jetting.

Junk used crank.

Send it to sleeper and let him check the run out.

Regardless, you should have contacted your builder.

The motor passed the leak down at RL and at your place.

Bottom line, the motor was under your ownership when it went.

Like I said, an apology is in order.

i had a build pass a leakdown twice before hitting the dunes. made 2 passes and the plugs were dangling by the wires. did a leakdown and the pto seal was blowing air. culprit was the max load retainer not allowing a full seat. always contact your builder before saying anything online. i had no one to blame, but myself...