Duner Build

eadams450

Hey guys for the past 5yrs I've been trying to build a banshee piece by piece and as of lately progress has slowed down a lot. So i went out and bought a complete one and am now ready to build the banshee I always wanted. But im not sure where to start really. I have no idea on what has all been done to the motor on the banshee i just bought. Other then it has vforce 3 reeds and 35mm mikunis and toomey t5 pipes. I really am only going to ride this thing in the sand. Little Sahara and St. Anothonys are the 2 main places we take trips too. From my roller i have lonestar +2 a-arms, +4 axle and +2 steering stem. I also have a +6 swinger I'd like to use as well. I'm just looking for some advice on what to all do. It will be stripped down to the frame so I want to make sure to do everything right the first time. Any advice will much be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sounds like you got suspension covered, you didn't list what shocks you have. Suspension is best , then motor. For those huge hills at st. Anthony s your gonna want Atleast a good port at a minimum, might even go 4mill or 10mill. CPI or sniper pipes over those t5's

sorry guys i knew i had forgot a few things. As far as a budget on the motor i was hoping to stay around 3k. Im an aggressive ride and im not sure exactly what im looking to get out of the bike duner hill climber i guess is the best way to describe it. Suspension wise I forgot to say i have stage 3 works shocks for the front and the rear all i have is stock. 

I rode a stock Banshee at St. Anthony last season. The engine was adequate, I quickly realized that it was the suspension holding me back. Don't be in a big hurry to throw all your money at the engine. Do your homework here and get a good suspension set up. Tires? Skat Trak or ITP up front, Skat Trak 8 or 10 paddle on rear.

What's wrong with the engine you have? Have you tried it? Compression and leak down? It's got VF3 and 35 mm, so it's either already had work done or someone wanted you to think it did. Maybe it's okay. If not, I like a stock cylinder 4 mil built by the builder of your choice.

Edited by Time Machine
  • Like 1

I rode a stock Banshee at St. Anthony last season. The engine was adequate, I quickly realized that it was the suspension holding me back. Don't be in a big hurry to throw all your money at the engine. Do your homework here and get a good suspension set up. Tires? Skat Trak or ITP up front, Skat Trak 8 or 10 paddle on rear.

What's wrong with the engine you have? Have you tried it? Compression and leak down? It's got VF3 and 35 mm, so it's either already had work done or someone wanted you to think it did. Maybe it's okay. If not, I like a stock cylinder 4 mil built by the builder of your choice.

Words of wisdom right there ^^^.

Yeah man, spend the coin on suspension and controls first.

Banshees handle like shit stock, and that's a fact.

Bolt on power is good for 40-45whp.

I'm looking for more power now.

Check my mod list in my profile.

• Like 1

Words of wisdom right there ^^^.

Yeah man, spend the coin on suspension and controls first.

Banshees handle like shit stock, and that's a fact.

Bolt on power is good for 40-45whp.

I'm looking for more power now.

Check my mod list in my profile.

Thanks for that. I did the suspension mods last fall, +2+1 and Elka Legacy plus some bolt ons. Now it's time for the engine work. It's on the bench right now, as soon as I get the cases split and crank out its going to Redline for a 4 mil stock cylinder, dune port, hoping to ship it tomorrow.

Okay. Yeah sorry. I knew I wasn't saying it right because I have stage 3 elkas on my yfz and they're not like these. Ik they're sprung to my weight not sure on riding style though

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So it looks like your options are:

1. Use them as is and figure them out.

2. Get them to somebody who can evaluate them, then decide.

3. Sell them and buy something else.

4. ???

I'd start with 2, but it's your Banshee

• Like 1

And as far controls what do you all mean by that

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here are my Suspension mods:

| Fireball Racing LT A-Arms | Elka LT Stage 5's |

| Fireball Racing +2 HD Swingarm | RPM Dominator +4 Axle |

| House of Horsepower Resprung/revalved Rear Shock |

Here are my Controls mods:

| Fireball Racing +2+1 Anti-Vibe Steering Stem | Streamline Steering Stabilizer |

| Pro Taper Contour CR Mid Bend | ODI Rouge Grips | ASV Pro Shorty Levers |

| YFZ450R MC and Calipers | Streamline 54" 2 Line Front Brake Lines |