People at yfz central couldn't help, please do

Here's a quote from Bennett131 that pretty much sums it up here in the BHQ...

"We give good advice on pretty much everything. From marriage counseling, finances, banshees and even being single. Ever need welding tips, machining advice or even heavy equipment? We got you."

The thread it's from, a REALLY good read, well worth the time. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/185387-t5s-shearer-or-sniper/

Oh, and welcome to BansheeHQ!

• Like 2

Well voltage regulator was way overcharging (13.6-16.4) so I took the rectifier and voltage regulator off a buddies and it didn't make a diff. Didn't ever get the free time to check the jets, been trying to keep it from frying another battery first. Decided to say fuck it (with advise from other yfz owners) and get a dc conversion kit. What do you guys think? What ever the problem it's do you think this will solve it?

What year is your YFZ450?

Did you test the voltage output on your buddies quad first? Those numbers don't sound bad, but I don't have my manual with me today.

Don't know anything about a DC kit, but why re-invent the wheel, OEM electronics is usually best.

I'm thinking you just had a bad battery.

Post #9 here seems relevant http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/96516-yfz450-electrical-question/

Tried a brand new battery and still skipped. The headlights were off of it when I got it, I'll try putting them on and leaving them turned on like that thread said. And fuck no, like a retard I didn't start my buddies and test his first. A guy I know has a little shop and has a new rectifier on hand and is gonna let me try it.

Hard start is more than likely a valve train issue , I build quite a few four strokes now so I have descent experience with 450s . You said it was a big bore rite? Does it have cam mod done ? Anyways my best results always include a bored carb, adjustable leak jet, ncvq needle , 48 pilot 175 ish main . if you live semi close I can look at it and do a leakdown , compression and go through valve train and tensioner system . Something tells me it wasn't assembled correctly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My buddies regulator/rectifier was also bad. I heard of too many horror stories with the yfz electric starting problems so I went ahead and got the conversion kit that makes it charge more like older quads and it starts much better and I'm hoping more reliable. Still, there is a little almost unnoticeable skip at a steady half throttle in 4th and 5th. I'm not sure what jets they come with stock but that's what still in it. I'm losing faith in my mechanic (at least with 4 strokes) so I'm hoping changing jets/jet kit will help. If not I'd like to take sleeper 06 up on his offer and make it his problem lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hard start is more than likely a valve train issue , I build quite a few four strokes now so I have descent experience with 450s . You said it was a big bore rite? Does it have cam mod done ? Anyways my best results always include a bored carb, adjustable leak jet, ncvq needle , 48 pilot 175 ish main . if you live semi close I can look at it and do a leakdown , compression and go through valve train and tensioner system . Something tells me it wasn't assembled correctly

Yes a big bore from cylinder works and no cam mod. That's about it except a shitty dc pipe. If the jetting isn't the prob then maybe if you're willing I'll make the trip along with some stage 2 cams, air 4orce intake and if funds allow it a dasa pipe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk