How about a Desert racing video?

zmoto93

I postsd up some raw GoPro footage of the Best in the Desert UTV World Championships that I raced on my banshee from Tech Inspection to the Start Line and some

footage from Lap 4 or 5 I'll be posting up the rest of it tonight but for now here is Part 2! ✊

• Like 1

Switch up the gearing. Lots of desert banshees are geared to do 95+ mph on the big stretches.

Do you know a good gearing ration to run to hit those top speeds with 22x11x9 rear tires? Duncan racing was running 16/40 with 20x11x9 rears and that banshee was hitting 100mph

Do you know a good gearing ration to run to hit those top speeds with 22x11x9 rear tires? Duncan racing was running 16/40 with 20x11x9 rears and that banshee was hitting 100mph

^ Why ask when you already know the answer? Gonna take at least 70-75 hp to pull that though.

What is all done to your banshee right now? What gearing are you running right now?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Im running 12/41 gearing with the tall tires it has the power to pull stong thru the powerband from the mid to top end but as far as top speed I would like to get a few more mph out of it if its possible with just gearing.. I'm runnin fmf gold series pipes and silencers 280 jets at 2000 elevation with reed spacers an aluminum air box with a 250r filter and thats pretty much it nothing to special. Its fast (but could be better) reliable and simple lol everything a desert quad should be

• 1 month later...

12/41 is way too short of gearing for dessert racing. You should probably be at least 14 front. You could probably go 15 front and fine tune with the rear

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thats what I'm gonna do.. just bought a 15 tooth countershaft and running stock 41 rear so I'm gonna do some riding and see how that feels