Thinking about getting a 421 Serval.

Wertzy

Yeah right now my low end is great but it does fall flat on its face up top. I sold my 2-1 setup and went back to stock carbs. Sending my cylinders out to get trail ported by Herr Jugs and picking up a set of VF3 reeds. Then I gotta find an adj timing plate. Can't wait to try it out. Going to try it with my PT Mids and if I don't like it, might snatch up a set of SLP Pipes from JDS instead. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

421 serval woods set up for pump gas

+4 timing

35 pwk carbs

Rocket, sniper, shearer or CPI pipes

Cool head with custom cut domes

+4 swinger

+2+1 arms

Elka, fox suspension

Get it ported a little and port match your cases

If you want the best bang for your buck, this is what you need.

If this is not in your budget or if it's to much power for you, stick with a stock bike

Trail bikes, FTW

Edited by rjdgriff

421 serval woods set up for pump gas

+4 timing

35 pwk carbs i would say pwk28mm

Rocket, sniper, shearer or CPI pipes

Cool head with custom cut domes

+4 swinger - stock length for trails

+2+1 arms - Long travel FTW

Elka, fox suspension, also Axis, pep

Get it ported a little and port match your cases

If you want the best bang for your buck, this is what you need.

If this is not in your budget or if it's to much power for you, stick with a stock bike

Trail bikes, FTW

My 421 serval liked the 35 pwks quite well

My +4 swinger was great because we have some nasty hills around in the bluffs and it made it much better for climbing. Also I was able to fit anywhere the yfzs could go and able to climb hills they couldn't

Never ran long travel but I think it would be awesome and I'll agree with your added shocks

Trail bikes, FTW

Reason I said pwk28 is more to tame it and hopefully save fuel compared to the 35s. Ya the 35s would let it breathe but for GNCC (which I think the op is building this for), a tamer engine might be better.

As for swingarm length, that is personal preference. I like the stock length. All the longer one I have ridden just make it feel long to me.

I ran stock carbs on mine for a short time, it was very pipe happy on the low end, the 35s smoothed it out a lot for me. Much more usable power IMO

Trail bikes, FTW

I ran stock carbs on mine for a short time, it was very pipe happy on the low end, the 35s smoothed it out a lot for me. Much more usable power IMO

Trail bikes, FTW

I have the same set up 421 stock carbs and t5s just ordered shearers small bore I ride trails so would u say the 35mm carbs performance was better cause I was thinking about getting the 35

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have the same set up 421 stock carbs and t5s just ordered shearers small bore I ride trails so would u say the 35mm carbs performance was better cause I was thinking about getting the 35

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

without a doubt in my experience. I personally would never run anything but 33-35mm pwks on my servals

Trail bikes, FTW

• 2 weeks later...