woods/hard trail banshee

I just got a all stock 99 banshe and i wana make it a nice woods/trail banshee. I know wat ima do with the motor but i know nothing about front end, a arms ,shock and stuff. Im thinking of works triple rates cuz there decent price for shocks but i realy dont know what a arms to buy at all. I here people talk about buy +2 + 1 but why would i wana make a wide quad even wider ? And wouldent that make me sit lower to? And last but not least whats travel?? And wat gets me it ?lol cuz i here thats what u want for trails

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

I just got a all stock 99 banshe and i wana make it a nice woods/trail banshee. I know wat ima do with the motor but i know nothing about front end, a arms ,shock and stuff. Im thinking of works triple rates cuz there decent price for shocks but i realy dont know what a arms to buy at all. I here people talk about buy +2 + 1 but why would i wana make a wide quad even wider ? And wouldent that make me sit lower to? And last but not least whats travel?? And wat gets me it ?lol cuz i here thats what u want for trails

All in all you wanna try to be 50" all the way around (depends on how tight trails are) and a good rates shock set up for your style.. Run 22" tires in front since the shees are front heavy

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Run +2+1 a-arms.

It can make the front sit lower if your shocks are set up that way, and lower "sag" in the front isn't a bad thing and can actually increase handling.

Travel, I guess you are asking about long travel and standard travel. This just means the a-arm use a standard length shock or longer shock.

Okay and oh i see now. And wat are the gains out if long travel and normal

All in all you wanna try to be 50" all the way around (depends on how tight trails are) and a good rates shock set up for your style.. Run 22" tires in front since the shees are front heavy

Okay cool that were i wanted to be around and should i get works triple rate or double.

I'd get a plus 2 axle also

Yea i hate stock front the rears okayy but yea moneys a issue im deff not gonna have elkas lol ima get a pair of works and send them out to get redone for my rideing and weight. And ive never hadnicce shocks so its gonna be abig difference to me

• Like 1

Long travel means you will have more wheel travel. Right now, you can get a decent long travel front end for around $390 for a-arms (JDS customs) and $950 for stage 3 elkas (ATV galaxy). Standard travel is $280 for a-arms and still $950 for shocks. It is worth going LT if you can. If you are buying used, just search around. Make sure if you get LT a-arms, you get LT shocks for them too.

Fersure man thanks ill deff keep my eye out

Long travel means you will have more wheel travel. Right now, you can get a decent long travel front end for around $390 for a-arms (JDS customs) and $950 for stage 3 elkas (ATV galaxy). Standard travel is $280 for a-arms and still $950 for shocks. It is worth going LT if you can. If you are buying used, just search around. Make sure if you get LT a-arms, you get LT shocks for them too.

Just a question, do you know how much extra wheel travel is gained from running a lt setup? 

ill just throw this out there because i did it on mine, with a +2 +1 front end made the wheel base +1" longer, so if you wanted to keep a stock wheel base you would have to shorten up the swingarm, I am not saying that 1" killed my maneuverability in the woods but it was easy to keep my front end light shortening the swingarm. thats up to you though. its also a good time to bring the swing arm and carrier into the 21st century.  

• Like 1