Coolant nipple on head. PLEASE advise

• 2 weeks later...

So i capped the nipple on the top of the head. After riding for a little over an hr. Air was hissing out for about 5 mins and i lost 2-4oz of coolant ouut of there also. I thought maybe it was a good thing and air was just getting out of cooling system. Like it bled. But then i thought perhaps it got too hot.. Seems like a symptom of over heating... Any idea? Do i need a better cap? Was it just bleeding? Or this overheating?

Side note, what is a safe temp range on these babies

Thanks guys. To tap it i would have to remove the head tho so no shavings fall in?

Also i tried riding again today. It started leaking coolant sooner this time. Which is weird because today is 10* cooler outside. However, this time i see coolant and i cant tell where its coming from. I see dripping from the very bottom of the top coolant hose. But nothing wet above it. First thought was a loose clamp. But i tightened everythng before todays test. So i suppose it could be leaking from nipple still and just dripping down center of head onto hose. Possibility. Cause there is coolant on my frame under pipes as well. However, there is no hissing out of the nipple this time. Just coolant. I would second that my cap is not strong enough under pressure. I used a rubber cap and zip tie. Altho, i did use the same caps to seal off vaccum lines for exhaust diverters on cars. Prob less pressure tho..