Proper plug chop

Clymage

Get it wide open for a few seconds in 6th gear ,pull the clutch in and shut it down while in motion. You can coast or brake. As long as the clutch is pulled in, it doesn't really matter. Pull the plugs, and give them a view. You'll know if it's close. If the plug is wet and clean, don't bother even cutting it open. If it hesitates, pops, or pings don't keep trying to get it to rev out.

• Like 2

I always warm up engine real good on old plugs, change to new gapped plugs at start of my straightaway. As soon as I start bike take off through all gears hold sixth for 3 -1 thou then with throttle stil wide open pull clutch and kill ignition , coasting n breaking doesn't matter

Plug chops are only a part of the tuning regiment but I've done a ton over the years in our gas motors. It's likely more beneficial to me as an asphalt racer running WOT because it's a great indicator of the main circuit. My motors build heat throughout the run and by the 1/4 mile traps are reaching meltdown points. I don't do them near as often but for sure at the start of each season or anytime I make setup changes I'll throw one cheap ES plug in my hottest cylinder and check things.