Concussion

sleeper06

My son recently suffered a concussion playing 11yr old tackle football. It's making me rethink the whole football thing even tho he's a beast n loves it. He's a truly gifted baseball player and captain of his 11u travel team . I need opinions is it to early to make him stop playing football and focusing 100% baseball?

What do mean by tackle football is that rugby or american football?

Let him play what he wants to play, accidents happen in contact sports that's how it is.

Don't pull him out of football because your worried about him, worrying is a waste of emotion when he's older he will make up his own mind if its worth playing a contact sport.

When I was in 11 I played rugby an most of the guys I played with then stopped playing by the time they hit high school most probably because they realized it wasn't worth it for them an or they realized they could get hurt or whatever.

Let him play what he wants to play let him decide if it's worth playing or not after his concussion if he still wants to play it shows he really loves football so let that tell you somethng.

Biggest fucking moron here.

Concussion isn't something that should be taken lightly. Sleeper, a severe concussion at 11 can turn your child into morong. Is this what you want?

Once you have a concussion, you are more likely to have another. http://www.concussiontreatment.com/concussionfacts.html#sfaq7

Whatever be a soccer mum then.

I'm just spit balling here, but this is how I'd try and handle it with my two sons.

If your son wants to play, make a contract with him.

First allow him to fully recover and both of you need to become educated on concussions.

After recovery, education, understanding the consequences of such injuries and he still wants to play, then it is up to you find a way to get him the best equipment so that he is properly protected. << If there's such a thing.

Explain to him that he is fully protected now and if he gets hurt again that it's your job to protect him now and he has to agree to stop playing.

Brain trauma is no joke, especially at age 11.

My 2¢...

Biggest fucking moron here.

Concussion isn't something that should be taken lightly. Sleeper, a severe concussion at 11 can turn your child into morong. Is this what you want?

Once you have a concussion, you are more likely to have another. http://www.concussiontreatment.com/concussionfacts.html#sfaq7

I'm playing with that all year long at my mma gym. That's why i dont allow people under 16 to train with us.

Adults can bang their head all they want, it's their choice. You are responsible for those kind of choice for underage people tho...

What do mean by tackle football is that rugby or american football?

Let him play what he wants to play, accidents happen in contact sports that's how it is.

Don't pull him out of football because your worried about him, worrying is a waste of emotion when he's older he will make up his own mind if its worth playing a contact sport.

When I was in 11 I played rugby an most of the guys I played with then stopped playing by the time they hit high school most probably because they realized it wasn't worth it for them an or they realized they could get hurt or whatever.

Let him play what he wants to play let him decide if it's worth playing or not after his concussion if he still wants to play it shows he really loves football so let that tell you somethng.

good advice from the dumbest fuck on the whole site