Lincoln Electric Square Wave TIG 200!

Miller vs Lincoln is like ford vs chevy. In the end they're both pretty good stuff. But I personally would not go running to the foreign stuff because it's not on the shelves of any of the shops I go to. The marginal savings are not worth the headache to me.

Miller vs Lincoln is like ford vs chevy. In the end they're both pretty good stuff. But I personally would not go running to the foreign stuff because it's not on the shelves of any of the shops I go to. The marginal savings are not worth the headache to me.

Far too much logic in this!

nothing against m10654 but it seemed he needed some help as im sure hes new to tig machines and maybe welding in general so I tried to offer help. ive been in them shoes before and as a new guy you don't know anything about the different machines, what the functions do, which functions are important and which ones aren't, what accessories are quality and which are junk, what capabilities the diff machines have, blah blah. I did a lot of research before buying a machine and I highly suggest he do the same because its easy to buy the wrong machine and regret it later. maybe the lincoln200 will be perfect for what he wants but ill be the first to say its a bare bones model with very little parameter adjustment, but again maybe it would be just fine for what he wants and the price is attractive no doubt and Lincoln will be a quality unit. miller would be sweet but you wont touch one of their fancier models for less than 5G but maybe you don't need a fancy model with the bells and whistles ?

the Chinese brands have a very nice price but IMO are junk. I haven't used one but did tons of research and watched videos of the inside guts and they are no where close to the quality of the American or euro welders. but for 1000$ I suppose you could afford to throw it away every 3 years and get a new one, if it even lasts 3yrs. myself I wouldnt touch one with ten foot pole but you might get lucky and find needle in the haystack and yours wont malfunction right away.

I have no doubt the euro stuff is high quality but there may not be much tech support in the states. then again im sure some of the brands have offices in the states so there shouldn't be much to worry about. this is why research is important, so you know exactly what the hell your buying. I spent a lot of time rummaging through 100's of threads on 4x4 forums, welding forums, fabrication forums, engineering forums, to find out what machine would fit me best and to just learn more about the machines in general because I didn't want to throw money down the drain. still there was a lot I learned on my own. like ill never use a gas cooled torch again. Chinese tungsten suks and ill pay a bit more for quality german stuff. flex head torches are the shizz, gas lens kit is money well spent. you get the idea. theres a lot more that could be said about the whole welding topic in general but I don't have time right now

Edited by registered user

$5,000 for a welder?!?!

I have three Millers in my shop, two MIG and a TIG. None of them were anywhere near $5,000 and I've never not been able to get something welded up.

I've used them on bikes, trucks, excavation equipment and a million other things.

There's no fucking reason a good welder can't be had for way less than $5,000. And I guarantee it'll more way more than enough for 99% of the people on BansheeHQ.

$5,000 for a welder?!?!

I have three Millers in my shop, two MIG and a TIG. None of them were anywhere near $5,000 and I've never not been able to get something welded up.

I've used them on bikes, trucks, excavation equipment and a million other things.

There's no fucking reason a good welder can't be had for way less than $5,000. And I guarantee it'll more way more than enough for 99% of the people on BansheeHQ.

yea, $1-$3k will handle anything that anyone would need on here.

Start getting into the larger 300amp+ Inverter machines - that is for all day production etc.

I posted here hoping jd would sell me on the lincoln since he works for them. I didnt mean to mess up his ad, was just hoping he could explain why the extra features on the imports are not really needed.

Shoot me a PM or go to your local distributor.