Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Knowing what I do now, if I had to do it over again, I'd have bought a well equipped F650 for the badassness tow rig, and a mid 2000s F150 for a good daily and light duty tow rig. Cheaper, and much more badassness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, n2otoofast4u said:

Knowing what I do now, if I had to do it over again, I'd have bought a well equipped F650 for the badassness tow rig, and a mid 2000s F150 for a good daily and light duty tow rig. Cheaper, and much more badassness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think for the money that is the way to go.  A couple of my buddies run Kodiaks as their tow rigs.  My only concern with that set up is im trying to fly under the radar as far as highway patrol goes.  My trailers are both too heavy to legally tow with a normal class C licence.  I do not have a classA licence and have no intention on getting one and its hard to fly under the radar with a big tow rig.  They scream overweight.  With a de-badged 450 it would look no different than a normal f350 to the popo.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2001 F250 with the 7.3

Bought it to tow the toyhauler out to the dunes. still under 200K mileage. runs like a champ.

My wife does Letterpress printing, Google chandler and price presses or windmill press. those fucking things are cast iron, big and fucking heavy.

We put a 10x15 in the bed and drove from northern virginia to charleston sc. no issues 2k in the bed.

She now has a business using those things so I need to be able to move them easily, she is going to buy more, it is inevitable.

I am about to pull the trigger and buy a 95? top kick roll back, Cat 3116 powered, 6 speed manual, with a 21 foot heavy equipment bed and a 40k winch.

Hydroboost brakes so no class a license needed.

Might use it 4 times a year? beats arranging a tow company to come do it, plus I can use it to tow cars and projects myself....