Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

70K miles is NOTHING on a 3 year old truck let alone a diesel (what you should really look at is actual idle / run time)...   my truck is just over a year old now and it has 28K miles and its not my daily driver.

My old mans 2014 ram 1500 has 38K miles... only been in the shop for a faulty sensor.

I will agree the trucks are def not built like they used to be.   Even comparing my 3rd gen to my new 4th gen I can easily pick out where they cheaped out.  The fucking bed box is flimsy as fuck on the 4th gens... and that goes for any class series up to the 3500 that ive personally seen.

as for the front end... people seem to bash dodge all the time but  the past 8-9 years ive been driving ram trucks I had 0 front end issues... the regular maintenance was done and I just upped to Moog front and ball joints with a lifetime warranty and never looked back.

Ive heard the 2500's eat ball joints track bars but If i  was going to pick a truck and compare issues... a front end is SUPER easy to work on / deal with vs some of the other issues other trucks have...  not to mention.. opt to moog lifetime warranty parts and let the good times roll. 

oh ive also heard the 6.7's are really MEH until you do the delete.. but pretty well goes for any diesel these days.

all my buds have a variety of truck brands... ill stick with the ram...  good choice IMO JD

She had some good power based on my short drive yesterday and shifted nice!  I was impressed cant wait to drive her home.  Pics in a few hours!

I've put 80k on my F450 in 2 years. I have dealers call me every other month offering me what I gave or a bit more because they have a buyer looking for one. But with new 450's hovering around 70k it's cost prohibitive for me. Lol

Used prices are sky high because the new ones are all complete total piles of fuck and they're even more expensive. I've said it a million times, mine will be getting power train rebuilds until they offer something about 25x better than what they sell now. If I'm forced to upgrade it'll likely be a gasser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

100% Agee that's why I still have my 99 7.3. Waiting maybe someday they will build a better truck.
  • Like 1

I need the drive to listen to music/radio and prepare myself for the day, then the ride home I can unwind and talk myself out of driving into a fucking pole at 100mph. My commute is about 15-20 minutes

I'm the oposite actually...if I rode in a car on my way home from work for more than the 8 minutes it takes me, I'd probably talk myself into hitting the pole at 100 mph. Lol

I need the drive to listen to music/radio and prepare myself for the day, then the ride home I can unwind and talk myself out of driving into a fucking pole at 100mph. My commute is about 15-20 minutes

Then you need a new job asap.

An old guy told me

"If you sit in the parking lot and just grip the steering wheel white knuckle and have to talk yourself into coming into work, then it's a lost cause. Get a new job"

• Like 2

Then you need a new job asap.

An old guy told me

"If you sit in the parking lot and just grip the steering wheel white knuckle and have to talk yourself into coming into work, then it's a lost cause. Get a new job"

Do you think anyone but his dad will hire him? Where else can he sit on the Internet all day and play on BansheeHQ?

He's dumb, but not that dumb.