Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

It rolls money out of da bank acct. Dats it.

Fact!  Keeping it stock till $170k when warranty runs out lol.

Never thought I would own a DODGE.  But I have to hand it to them, this thing is well put together.  Drives and rides surprisingly nice for a 3/4 ton.... Put a little over 100 miles on yesterday. Made a long drive biz meeting for today just to drive lol!

• Like 1

I'll give you 15k for it in 6 months when the injectors are out of it

Best of luck!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Out of the 3 Cummins I've had I've never had a problem with injectors. My '94 had 700,000 miles, '01 had 174,000 miles, and my current '06 has 123,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of the 3 Cummins I've had I've never had a problem with injectors. My '94 had 700,000 miles, '01 had 174,000 miles, and my current '06 has 123,000 miles

Well the 94 and 01 didn't have electronic injectors so that's no surprise. The 01 probably had injection pump issues, if not, you lucked out.

And your 06 will, just be patient. Lol. Unless you're super picky about where you get fuel and are religious about using additives year round, you're gonna have injector issues. Period.

Well the 94 and 01 didn't have electronic injectors so that's no surprise. The 01 probably had injection pump issues, if not, you lucked out.

And your 06 will, just be patient. Lol. Unless you're super picky about where you get fuel and are religious about using additives year round, you're gonna have injector issues. Period.

01, had a aftermarket VP44 pump it had too much powa!!!

The 06 I'm not picky on where I get fuel and I don't use additives, however this is your field of expertise what do I need to start doing as preventative maintenance?

01, had a aftermarket VP44 pump it had too much powa!!!

The 06 I'm not picky on where I get fuel and I don't use additives, however this is your field of expertise what do I need to start doing as preventative maintenance?

I use an additive from BG in every tank and I change fuel filters every time I change the oil. I also run an Airdog fuel filtering system on top of the factory one for extra insurance.

Beyond additives and filtering it's hard to control much else. It's basically impossible to find a consistent source of quality fuel and only buy it there.

I use an additive from BG in every tank and I change fuel filters every time I change the oil. I also run an Airdog fuel filtering system on top of the factory one for extra insurance.

Beyond additives and filtering it's hard to control much else. It's basically impossible to find a consistent source of quality fuel and only buy it there.

Any reason you're running an air dog instead of a fass or fuel lab?

Any reason you're running an air dog instead of a fass or fuel lab?

My brother is a dealer for Airdog and he knows the guys at that company. No other reason than that. I got it a bit cheaper but not much. I think they're all a pretty good product and similar design.

My brother is a dealer for Airdog and he knows the guys at that company. No other reason than that. I got it a bit cheaper but not much. I think they're all a pretty good product and similar design.

I was just curious lol my buddy ran an air dog and I had a fass, we didn't have any problems with either.

I was just curious lol my buddy ran an air dog and I had a fass, we didn't have any problems with either.

Airdog is actually a spinoff of FASS. The guy who owns FASS had a son or son in law or something split off and do their own thing. Probably did it just for competition purposes and all the money goes in the same drawer I'd guess.