Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Fuck Jd...i gave 37k for mine new in 12..granted its not a Laramie.

FKN JUNK

Yea, they go for around $40 from what I have seen...round here... One on eBay same as mine with 105k miles for $39.5.... This one is clean, no oil seepage, no rust out of the ordinary, bed looks brand new so that's always a good sign... Wax residue in the cracks, I pick out little stuff... Seems to be well cared for. Just a truck let's hope it serves me well!

In my line of work i dont see ANY that dont have front end problems...only difference is the dodges are cheaper to fix most of the time.

FKN JUNK

Around here the Dodge front end fall apart a whole lot sooner then the Fords in the same type of conditions. Work or street driven.

Speaking of Dodge 3500 front end issues, mine went in for an alignment at my tire place today and they tell me the passenger side upper ball joint is sloppy. So now it's going in next week for warranty work. 12,400 miles on the motherfucker.

Like I just said... Brian.

Tyler, have you weighed your new work truck with all your tools on board?

Holly fuck balls it's obvious I'm out of touch with what used pickups cost. 70k in less than 4 years seems obsurd to me, but if you're happy, and momma is happy, that's all that matters.

I've put 80k on my F450 in 2 years. I have dealers call me every other month offering me what I gave or a bit more because they have a buyer looking for one. But with new 450's hovering around 70k it's cost prohibitive for me. Lol

Used prices are sky high because the new ones are all complete total piles of fuck and they're even more expensive. I've said it a million times, mine will be getting power train rebuilds until they offer something about 25x better than what they sell now. If I'm forced to upgrade it'll likely be a gasser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Around here the Dodge front end fall apart a whole lot sooner then the Fords in the same type of conditions. Work or street driven.

I know you are a die hard Ford fan but no offense...they are all fucking junk when it boils down to it. Theres hardly a job harder on a truck than row work. The front ends are bounced onto stacked row mats all day everyday and not to mention spending entire days buried up to the fenders in bottomless mud. I have seen just about every type of failure from every manufacturer on the row. Nothing surprises me anymore...trucks are built cheaper and cost 3 times as much and they just dont fucking last for what they cost. Pull up on most row's and the majority of the rigs there are Dodge. For one simple reason...they cost less and are way cheaper to fix when shit does break.

FKN JUNK

• Like 1

I know you are a die hard Ford fan but no offense...they are all fucking junk when it boils down to it. Theres hardly a job harder on a truck than row work. The front ends are bounced onto stacked row mats all day everyday and not to mention spending entire days buried up to the fenders in bottomless mud. I have seen just about every type of failure from every manufacturer on the row. Nothing surprises me anymore...trucks are built cheaper and cost 3 times as much and they just dont fucking last for what they cost. Pull up on most row's and the majority of the rigs there are Dodge. For one simple reason...they cost less and are way cheaper to fix when shit does break.

FKN JUNK

I hear ya and I can see that environment being tough on any truck.

Of my 6 different Ford Super Duties, fromm 99's to 08's, only one has needed any front end work before 90k miles including our lifted truck as well as the primary snow plow truck which takes a beating.

Too many street driven Dodges that I know of personally have needed front end work as early as 40k miles, not even driven off road or worked hard on the street, stock sized tires too.

Anything after 04 is junk. As soon as real straight axle leaf spring pickups went away in lieu of trying to make pickups feel like your granny's Cadillac they went to shit! FFS you can't even buy a manual anymore. Bunch of fucking homo pickups! My 04 just rolled 100k. I'm with F1, I'll put motors and clutches in it until these mfgs get their shit together!

Anything after 04 is junk. As soon as real straight axle leaf spring pickups went away in lieu of trying to make pickups feel like your granny's Cadillac they went to shit! FFS you can't even buy a manual anymore. Bunch of fucking homo pickups! My 04 just rolled 100k. I'm with F1, I'll put motors and clutches in it until these mfgs get their shit together!

I'm gonna say they are good in the Ford world chassis wise through the current production models.

Engine wise things went from bad to worse in the 6.0 to 6.4 arena in regards to emissions equipment related engine issues / failures.

The Dana 60 coil spring front has held up perfectly on our 06 F250 with 8" lift and 37" tires for 90k miles. Same thing with my 08 F550 with Fat Boy Dana 60 front end at 65K miles. Zero front end or chassis issues.

I'd damn near kill for one of those. My dad has an 03 7.3 that is a cream puff. Unfortunately it's only an extended cab and an auto. But regardless it's worth a small fortune in today's market.

Our older family truck is a 7.3 6 spd as well as the plow truck.

Absolutely love that combo.

Especially love that tranny for snow plowing. Works perfectly and fast. Low - reverse is as simple as up and down and can be done left handed while keeping your right hand on the plow joystick.