Boat thread

F1HDR

Green - We kinda have a different obstacle here. There's alot of boats within 4 or 5 hrs of us. The problem is that almost all performance boats in the 40-90k category have been owned by someone who has just enough money to own it. And the real cost is in maintaining it. So you get a ton of boats that these people buy, run for a few seasons then are forced to sell because they can't do the work themselves, and don't have the money to pay someone to do it. Not to mention they know little to nothing about them in general so who knows what kind of life it's had.

I'm like you, I'm not gonna buy one just to have one. It's gonna have to be the right one. Only reason I'm considering one is because I can do the motor work and I want to go do some poker runs with my dad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Exactly! All these boats with 300 hours IMO are in need of some pretty serious attention soon. I'm also not afraid to do the work myself, but would rather steer clear of blower motors because I do not feel comfortable tearing blowers apart. IMO if I could find something with twin EFI 525s Id be set. However, those seem to be where the big $ starts. I'm not sure why I'm so set on the 525s other than I have a few buddies that run them with great success. Everything I read points to the idea that the HO motors are a good motor as well. There aren't many poker runs around here, but what I really want to do is spend some time in the Columbia River. There are lost of places to go, stop, eat, drink, sleep, etc. But I also want to be able to get there is a few hours time, not a few days time in some giant aft cabin cruiser.  

There are several lakes within 3 hours of me that are ample size to support larger boats, one of which is about 30 mins from my driveway. The Columbia is a huge navigable waterway with lots of things to see and do. I'm keeping my 74 and my drag boat to run the river that's right across town from me. We've decided that we are not going to have kids so it's time for something that we can spend some time on, cruise in comfort, and enjoy this beautiful state.

Yep. Can't blame you at all. I'm sure the decision to not have kids was an extremely difficult one and that subject can put extreme strain on a relationship. If I were in your shoes I'd absolutely be spending a lot of time with my girl and doing what we loved together. Props to you guys for being able to make a decision like that.

The Columbia looks gorgeous. I've seen a couple documentaries about the locks that were very interesting. We've got a major river about 15 minutes from the house but it's super muddy with some nasty currents. Def have to have your shit together when you go out, then there's nowhere nearby to stop.

Yeah, the kid thing is kind of a mess. Momma has some pretty serious health issues and has more brain tumors that will need to be operated on. Her dad went through this just awhile back, they fucked him up and ow he cant see and eats through a tube. Bottom line, I could never look my child in the face and tell them "mommy as died" or "mommy is now a vegetable" so we are going to skip that phase in our life and buy a big ol boat and name it "our child"..... At one point we were ready to buy a 34 aft cabin carver that was permanently moored in Portland, but have decided that we would like to be a bit more mobile, so it seems that these larger offshore style boats are the best fit. Id REALLY like to do 100, BUT I know thats not in the financial cards right now, and to be honest my ol lady is a PUSSY about speed and she'd shit if I ran her up to a hundo! She WILL NOT ride in my hydro. Last time it was out, she called one of our friends to come pick her up from the dock! That being said, and reality setting in, if I can score a boat that will cruise at about 55-60 at 1.5MPG  and a top speed of mid to high 70s Ill be content (I hope). 

Then I see shit like this and I have second thoughts. 

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/34778

Lol. Yep. My wife's the opposite. The faster the better. She thinks we need an Eliminator Cat but she's gonna need a different husband to finance that deal.

Those big cruisers sure look like fun tied up in a cove. Plenty of room for a couple friends to come along. Big enough you can clean up and grill a nice dinner if you want. But, wherever you are, is where you stay. Not trailering those big fuckers from one place to the next.

Talk about sinking money......

Boats sink....

Bikes just roll(not complete loss)

I hate my boat!!!!

Haters gonna hate. If you hate it you wouldn't have it. I've been a few places in this country with bikes. Bikinis are rare, and the ones wearing them more often than not shouldn't. I'm over the sausage fest, stinky puss, bike bs.

• Like 3