Ice Racing Banshee Setup (no link swinger?)

plugitin

Setting a 421 Cheetah Shee I got for ice racing this winter.  I have lots of questions.  Mainly thought, I'm curious to a no link swinger on one.  I have works shocks on this thing (not sure of length in rear). I would like to get a shortened swingarm for it. I have the option of getting a no link setup for a very good price thats shortened 2.5 inches with a roundhouse carrier. 

Ive read many posts from long ago that guys have moved their upper shock mount on the rear rearward an inch or two to run a stock shock on linkless swingarm.  The bike will most likely only see dirt oval and ice oval. Im just curious if this is a viable option or not, I have no issues with welding on some new tabs and gussets to save a few bucks and being able to use a stock ish rear shock. 

I need a swingarm regardless, the stock one it was extended and done horribly.  I am not opposed at all on running a linked setup, i'll just have to find a swinger that will work.  Thoughts on a stock swingarm shortened? I've heard issues of chain adjustment with the stock carrier? 

And trickedcarbine, any special secrets you can share?  :ph34r:

Edited by plugitin

• 1 month later...