What tires u running?

Banshee Chad

Time for new tires.. The dodge has 33k and stock tires are getting worn.

Looking at the Goodyear duratrac, cooper discoverer atp, and the bfg at ko2..

Any one have experience with the duratrac on a diesel? They look good, and seem like a perfect cross between at and mudder. Very mixed reviews about tread life online.

Got any better recommendations??

I see the nitto and toyo ats look similar.. Not very aggressive.. How is the traction with them? Not mud boggin in the truck, but the mud around the duck hunting lakes is pretty slick stuff.. And snow/ice? In laws have a cabin and I hate chaining up to leave if it snows while we there.

Edited by Banshee Chad

I see all the fish and game out here run the Goodyear duratrac.. But they are prolly spending 50% of their time off road.

I read such mixed reviews on tread life on them.

Toyos are not common here. Special order or get online.. I like the look, but want something I can keep going to discount for rotates and balance for...

I know on my car we have to balance when we rotate or they are out of balance.. Always done trucks myself, but always had older trucks.. Not sure if a rebalance is an necessary. If not I can get whatever fire and juts pay to mount.

Time for new tires.. The dodge has 33k and stock tires are getting worn.

Looking at the Goodyear duratrac, cooper discoverer atp, and the bfg at ko2..

Any one have experience with the duratrac on a diesel? They look good, and seem like a perfect cross between at and mudder. Very mixed reviews about tread life online.

Got any better recommendations??

You are down to the same tires I was before purchasing BFGoodrich KO2's.

The coopers don't have enough siping for Michigan winters, the DuraTracs are sweet, if you are doing a large tire. Like 285 65's or better. Otherwise that really bitchin' shoulder claw and outer lug combo that makes them so rugged gets kinda small in the 275 stuff. My buddy has the 2500 sierra and got the DuraTracs and he wishes he got the KO2's after seeing mine and riding in them. Both nice tires really, but the new KO2 has the DuraTracs trumped IMO.

Those are the ko2? Look mean. I'm keeping stock size tires.. 265/75/17

I have always had bfg but they have never been awesome in snow/ice..

Wife drives truck now to take kid to school when I take car to work.. So want something that does well in winter. How are those in snow/ice?

Haven't got to drive them through a winter yet. A buddy with them says "They are siped enough to not slide around unless you mat it, but they really do awesome in snow & slush". I've had mine in mud and construction areas and I friggin' love 'em.