Yfz450r hybrid

I talked to several builders and more than one or two told me the stock four bolt intakes didn't enough CFM to get the full potential out of the 521cc and bigger Cubs and Servals.

I went over this with all my posts. V2/V4 stk bolt intakes flow nuff to make big powa. I state facts not 2nd hand info. This is a known fact and for u to not know this speaks volumes. So cut the bull shit with the long posts of BS
  • Like 1

I'm still working on the frame every spare minute I get. I've had a lot going on the past few weeks and this isn't something I can rush. It's coming along though it shouldn't be much longer. I ran into a issue getting the my oversized radiator to mount like I want it to so I'm brain storming on the best solution. It's a minor problem though, nothing that will cause me any big set backs.

Zilla - The CAD PC Software I used to design the hybrid frame is actually 2D software. I can view the diagram from a few different angles but it doesn't allow me to view the print from the top or the bottom.

I'm apologize if I upset any of the Canadian Members with my remark towards JT. The stuff he was writing didn't make any since and the pieces and parts I could make out were stupid and condescending. So I assumed he was somebody that didn't use English on a regular basis.

People making big power in big engines with stock intakes .

As I stated before I'm not saying the stock intakes aren't capable of supporting the smaller 350cc, 383cc, 392cc, 421cc, 443cc, ect power plants. I'm taking about 10mil or bigger motors with 72mm or bigger cylinders. When I started researching the different 10 mil setups and the pro's and con's associated with each one the stock intakes started having problems supporting the CFM requirements for the 521cc Super Cub and Serval Engines.

I'm still working on the frame every spare minute I get. I've had a lot going on the past few weeks and this isn't something I can rush. It's coming along though it shouldn't be much longer. I ran into a issue getting the my oversized radiator to mount like I want it to so I'm brain storming on the best solution. It's a minor problem though, nothing that will cause me any big set backs.

Zilla - The CAD PC Software I used to design the hybrid frame is actually 2D software. I can view the diagram from a few different angles but it doesn't allow me to view the print from the top or the bottom.

I'm apologize if I upset any of the Canadian Members with my remark towards JT. The stuff he was writing didn't make any since and the pieces and parts I could make out were stupid and condescending. So I assumed he was somebody that didn't use English on a regular basis.

Apologize accepted.

FYI, when you talk about Canadian that dont use english often, you're talking about Quebecer, we are french speaking, 'cause French left us here in 1750's

• Like 1

That's good point. There was a frame for sale for $240 I almost bought. But like you said better off buying complete full modded

Was the frame you were looking at the 2009 or newer YFZ-450R/X Extruded Aluminum Frame or a 2004-2008 YFZ-450 Steel Frame? $240 is a steal if it was the 2009+ R or X Frame. Most of the time the aluminum frames sell for somewhere between $850 - $1,250 depending on condition and year and that's without subframe, and your looking at roughly $250-$300 on top of that for good used OE Subframe.

The 2009+ YFZ-450R and X are long travel from the the factory and they have a lot better frame and suspension geometry. The stock and aftermarket shocks they use have have a lot bigger shock bodies, shafts, resi's, and coil springs.

As I stated before I'm not saying the stock intakes aren't capable of supporting the smaller 350cc, 383cc, 392cc, 421cc, 443cc, ect power plants. I'm taking about 10mil or bigger motors with 72mm or bigger cylinders. When I started researching the different 10 mil setups and the pro's and con's associated with each one the stock intakes started having problems supporting the CFM requirements for the 521cc Super Cub and Serval Engines.

This has been gone over before.  There is not a problem.  Yet you dont understand that