best paint/primer out these days for frame, etc...

dirtmunkee

I know im getting ready to hear p.c. it...p.c. it...but im not all that anal about it. Gonna beat it up anyway. Just wondering whats out there (paint/primer) as far as quality of finish, durability, and price. Going to sandblast, prep and prime it well. And going to use a sprayer unless there is some badass rattle can paint out there.

If you plan on beating it up. Use some sort of rattle can. Id suggest satin, semi gloss. It will touch up better and easier. Clear coat will look better but be harder to fix. And automotive paint will also be harder to fix to look good.

My painted frames last me forever with no chips, scratches, etc.. but I just ride dunes and I take care of my bike.

this is dumb.

Krylon

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rattlecan... that way your touchups are cheap and match... you'll be doing it often

come on meow...knew i shouldnt even have asked..ready for beat down on topic .guess you didnt see where i said idgaf. Not trying to win a fucking trophy for best in show. Its a quad not a show car. But let the beatings begin...:)

You're literally 99% of the way there. If you search around a PC place will do a frame for cheap in a basic color there doing that day.

Black white brown green are cheap.

It'll look better and hold up better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've thought and thought about which way to go. But probably won't be any basic color. But it's also the satisfaction of doing it yourself. If I had a giant oven I would buy the shit and do it myself. Lol. Never paid anyone to do anything mechanical, construction,etc. Besides tires and alignment due to not having the equip. (Used to work on cars, but now just an electrician.)

I wasn't trying to be a dick at all.. you can get some good looking spraypaint, and be able to touch it up with the same can so you have a perfect match... your prep work will establish how well it will hold up though

It's cool wasn't implying you were being a dick. Just know it's a touchy subject of pc vs. paint on here. Makes me Lmao sometimes.

• 5 weeks later...

May help some one!

Rust-Oleum Hammered

Black and Silver are great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/36759347?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228025103648&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42974280512&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81466261832&veh=sem

This is the best rattle can paint I've found sticks great can touch up easy when needed. Silver almost matches stock silver look. If you keep coats light won't get the texture to bad. My bike is painted with it.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/7661-utah-little-sahara-sand-dunes/

• Like 1