I seriously need your alls help, please..... ill even beg..... pretty please

So I am stumped, lit me list everything in order to make it easy for you all.

Btw I'm using a cell phone to type all of this so apologize in advance for grammar errors/auto text.....

So a month ago went out riding....

Radiator over flow melted a hole thru it and water pump melted inside. Luckily I cut power and had a utility right there and quickly hooked to that four wheeler and he pulled me in high gear to get airflow on it while I had it in neutral.

Fast forward to yesterday and today, I took my water pump in to the glorious Yamaha shop to get it out because of how bad it was seized in the clutch cover...

I went ahead bought new coolant lines for over flow box, new over flow box, aluminum water pump impeller and aluminum gear for water pump.

I also bought new o rings for the cool head and opened up the top end to run a check of my piston rings, cylinders, pistons them self and by the grace of god it was alright. Ran a compression test, was right at 120 both sides. So things seem normal there....

Put in brand new spark plugs, as well as replaced the clutch since I was in there.

Put new coolant and oil in, filled her up, checked, checked and re checked everything and started her up.....

She sounded like a raped ape on black tar heroin... Lol

Well here is the problem... I let her warm up for a few mins, take her down the road being easy on the clutch of course, but got her up to gear. She ran great.... Had a hard on....

I go to the store and come back 2 hours later tried starting her, nothing.....

I cranked the hell out of her, nothing....

Finally I asked my brother in law to hook his Polaris to me to pull start me and bam she kicks on but here is the main problem....

She bogs down when you throttle. Compression out of the back right pipe seems like nothing, barely putting, back left seems normal, but when you throttle it makes a bog noise and almost dies, left side doesn't throttle up either.....

We check lines for air suction and find nothing, I say hell with it and pull the right carb off, floaters seem fin, needle valve seems fine, I put it back on and tighten everything back down then repeat on left side, start her up, same thing.

I am baffled because she ran fine when I left and come home and now this, I pulled her behind the house, chained and locked her up, got in my truck and starting cussing Honda for their crappy racing four wheelers (my ugly red headed abused step child) and started beating my head in to the steering wheel.

Someone, anyone..... Please help me.....

Just want to add two things but it wont let me edit on my phone

When I said the part about the exhaust, left side compression seemed normal but right didnt seem to have as much.... I want to add this was at idle, and the reason I'm stumped is because I was thinking a reed issue possibly, but why I'm confused, when I throttle both left and right seem to bog down together and if I let off the throttle all the way, it eventually dies. It does kick start as well after the initial pull start. When you put it in to first gear, and throttle up, you can throttle almost all the way but she barely moves.

Thought this may help as well.

Deadbeat, not sure friend, well actually I know why.... Been a long two days lol, but my brother in law stupid cousin came over, doesn't know anything about four wheelers and kept saying "well if you had a 400 ex this wouldn't be a problem" being annoying and said canam and Polaris scramblers were better machines....... I felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger in true lies where he broke bill paxtons nose and killed him lol, but I just smiled and kept working on my banshee lol.

Time to hit reset and rebuild it. When that water pump kicked the bucket it couldn't move coolant and you kept it running in neutral. If it couldn't move the coolant, it wasn't doing any good to keep pulling it to air down the radiator. That thing is done.

Rebuild it right and do it once.

Rebuild it half ass do it twice.

Was the water pump gear melted or broken?

Melting a water pump means you got that motor hot as Fuck, and I bet the motor got hot as Fuck because of an air leak caused the motor to run lean. If the motor got hot enough to melt the water pump, it got hot enough to melt crankshaft seals.

Do yourself a favor and do a leakdown before tearing it down to pinpoint the problem.

Water pump wasn't melted in the way your probably picturing it. It looked fine, but melted on to the shaft, all teeth were there. See this to be honest is my first banshee, and I've down replacements on it before, like pistons, rings, all that, just gets aggravating is all, but I love banshees, and I said I would sale it but I'm not, so besides that, lets get this going, ill run a leak down test on it here in the next few days. I keep focusing on the fact that it ran like it did before the water pump failure and im not saying your wrong, but wouldn't that have shown up before last night? When I ran the banshee earlier in the day? That's why I'm confused, she ran fine then two hours later nothin. But ill do that, and its not that I am half assing the rebuild, one I didnt know, and two don't have the money for all that as of right now. But thank you for your tips, I asked for the help, and appreciate you taking time to try and do so.

• Like 1

Send the entire motor to FAST or Redline, rebuild based on your budget, problems solved!

Depending where you are Sleeper06 on Long Island, Carl, really has his shit togther and can build you anything! Since I'm 20 min from him he's my go-to guy for everything since I met him last December.. Just mentioning it in case you'd rather not pull out and ship your motor across the states.. Good luck whichever route you choose...