115mm or 120mm rod for 10mm Super Serval?

I did quite a few 120 rod cubs and 125 rod DM's back in the day. IMO it was a waste more expensive and weaker cranks, thinner cases. With a twister crank it's just a bigger rod pin home on same wheel diam so it has less metal around OD of crank and pin area. CW 's won't go that thin on OD/ pin area so they use snap pins (step pins) to do the job. I've used Louie's with no issues on crank wheels but I've broke few step pins.

Due to bigger bottom rod OD you must trench cases thinner to get all to clear and rod has to be trimmed. So now we have a more expensive rod, thinner cases and depending how thin rod is trimmed it can be weaker. All this for what I saw was little to no gain.

Only plus I ever liked was the flat top KTM pistons you can run with 18 mm pins. I liked those pistons.

today i called tdr to find out if their +7 cranks use the same diameter webs as the +4, which might also be the same diam web as a stocker. lady told me yes, but then again she might be clueless as she didnt seem very confident in heranswer. so ill likely pass on the tdr +7 crank, especially if its based on the stocker web diam. funny you should mention stepped pin. anybody thats been around the game for a while knows a step pin is a terrible idea and has risk of failure. tricked if you were planing a steped pin you may want to reconsider. if you one of the lucky few it wont shear in half but if it does youll probly have a big mess to clean up

today i called tdr to find out if their +7 cranks use the same diameter webs as the +4, which might also be the same diam web as a stocker. lady told me yes, but then again she might be clueless as she didnt seem very confident in heranswer. so ill likely pass on the tdr +7 crank, especially if its based on the stocker web diam. funny you should mention stepped pin. anybody thats been around the game for a while knows a step pin is a terrible idea and has risk of failure. tricked if you were planing a steped pin you may want to reconsider. if you one of the lucky few it wont shear in half but if it does youll probly have a big mess to clean up

and bigger rods and case trenching for a fucking 4mm crank is a brilliant idea...so its a 7mm now is it, and a pipe design from LED because your design is so brilliant...where are these brilliant ported Athenas? since you`ve got your nose all up in Drive Performances shit now...thats brilliant

for a know it all you are sucking a lot of ass trying to build a world beater banshee motor

• Like 1

I did quite a few 120 rod cubs and 125 rod DM's back in the day. IMO it was a waste more expensive and weaker cranks, thinner cases. With a twister crank it's just a bigger rod pin home on same wheel diam so it has less metal around OD of crank and pin area. CW 's won't go that thin on OD/ pin area so they use snap pins (step pins) to do the job. I've used Louie's with no issues on crank wheels but I've broke few step pins.

Due to bigger bottom rod OD you must trench cases thinner to get all to clear and rod has to be trimmed. So now we have a more expensive rod, thinner cases and depending how thin rod is trimmed it can be weaker. All this for what I saw was little to no gain.

Only plus I ever liked was the flat top KTM pistons you can run with 18 mm pins. I liked those pistons.

It'll be over killed in mattoon's, so I hope to just bypass the weakened case issue entirely.

Everything has a risk of failure you fucking goon!! These things are dying the very first time you kick them over. You get fucking dumber by the day!
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the Twister isn't stepped like the CrankWorks. Also, Lou makes the web the absolute largest webs you can fit in the case. The last one I saw from his shop was older, but it was a 7mm and the web was larger then stock. Not a ton, but enough to help the issue at hand.

im sure that twister is made well. larger diam webs and plenty of material above the pin. for some reason i thought you would try and use stock case but that was a good choice with the matoons

Arlen pretty much refused to epoxy them knowing that the Mattoons are an option.