Have Pictures of Blue Clarke 5.5 gal Fuel Tank Installed?

WALZ

Looking for pictures of the oversized Clarke tank installed, preferably blue.  Also interested in other fuel storage ideas short of a backpack since I am partial to the OEM bodywork.  My current fuel storage is my girlfriends Banshee, just looking for something more permanent  :)

jess%20bike%20winchester.jpg

jess%20quad%20winchester.jpeg

Never mind found a thread with the blue one.  Think I'll go for the Clarke ball-buster special unless someone has a better idea?  5.5 is likely larger than I need.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143552-clarke-or-ims-55-gallon-fuel-tank/

Is that a regular banshee billet cap or proprietary to the Clarke tank?  Looks clean Sandking, I'd be proud of that one.   The sled guys actually use hoses that siphon from the secondary but that sounds like more trouble than its worth.  A stellar idea and trick no doubt but not something I would do for play riding.

Maybe a bit ghetto but at the moment I'm thinking about a 1.X gallon  rectangular tank that I could stealthy put somewhere.  On dirtbikes Acerbis makes one to replace the number plate, maybe it would fit behind the front bumper.  Wish I had the time and knowledge to extend the stock tank shape to where the stock airbox would normally be.  Quite a bit of room and perfect center of gravity.

Love the stock appearance of the Clarke but could don't care for the bulge at the fuel cap.  So far Clarke does appear to be the best option.

good god man.  45 pounds of gas at seat height.  That's a hardcore-hammer down rider right there.  Where do you put the beer?

good god man.  45 pounds of gas at seat height.  That's a hardcore-hammer down rider right there.  Where do you put the beer?

Luckily I'm only 165lbs, so even with full tanks I'm still pretty light overall in relative terms. Camelback is for the beer!

I've found that riding wide open trails where I'm WOT 75% of the time, the 421 t rex only gets about 8-9mpg. So even with 7.3 gallons on board, I only have 65 miles of range for that kind of riding. Last ride I went on tight trails and I did 90 miles and still had just under 1 gal left after dumping in the rotopax. 

• Like 1