Driveline Performance Cylinders

BANSHEE HP

No they are not cast in but there should be no reason people cant put them in but with the pistons we had made the intake isnt almost blocked off at bdc like a cub cylinder with 573 pistons but the cub has the large boost ports that are always open. With the piston windows being open and larger at bdc we've "gained" some intake area.

PART_1436823194140_.IMG_20150713_173238.

my opinion on these is..

NICE to see a known builder / supplier doing the machine work and the best plater doing the plating.  should have excellent quality control.  as long as the aluminum they are cast out of is good quality and there is some sort of heat treatment done like cp stuff  should be a good option for a somewhat lower cost build or lower cost replacement for rider bikes.  of course dyno numbers are going to be all over the place!!!  these cylinders will require real porting, looking at the pics yea they will run good as cast but a real builder with real porting experience with stockers is going to love these!  plus knowing the cylinder and plating is good quality and not who know's what will motivate some to want to spend some time in there and work over a set.   i know i want to. the NICHE and athena cyls just have me to worried to spend any time with.  i'd LOVE to get a set and start working towards a real "rider/ dunner" type setup  not a top end only blast master.  only thing i'd like to see is the area where boost ports are put in filled in so if i wanted to put some biggins in there i wouldnt need to fill them in.   the outsides of the transfers looks like there is plenty to work over the tunnels a lot.  and on that note why not just cast them bigger inside instead of having to go in and work all that out anyways?   big trans tunnels, triple exhaust and the intake port shape would mean much less time and $$$ for porting work.  just a thought. 

i think the biggest questions is going to be  as cast vs as cast cp ..    these with "porting" will probably cost same as a cp set up?? 

I agree with Camatv on the fact of, why not cast them ported. Basically port yourself a set and get dyno time on it if you have to even. Work all the porting out as a drag cyl. Then mass produce that.

Same with a duner built cyl, Same process. So when people buy these. They are bolting on very well sorted out porting as cast.

THAT will put you miles above the rest.

• Like 1

You can't please everyone with one style of porting. Everyone ports and sets up engines different and obviously you can't grow back metal. The 4mm can come in port timing like a serval or cub, since 7 and 10mm strokes are not as likely to be bought as a bolt on setup and more likely to be a full port job to a builders specs they are as cast low port timing.

Making changes to the outside casting was going to be quite a bit of money in addition to just purchasing it. In the future that inside pocket will be filled in. And there is a transfer port cnc program in the works to open the transfers with out doing it the hard way by hand.

• Like 2

I was about to pull the trigger on an entire 4mil serval "play ported" build. But im intrigued... I'll wait until we see some dyno sheets or any "advantages" besides price over CP. Looks promising.  "Build it, they will come" :)

Edited by dco3100
  • Like 2