Anybody ever powder coat pipes?

these are hi-temp gloss. I'm pretty sure he said he does hi temp ceramic too.

mypipes.jpg

Yes, that is from Quality Powder Coat. He can definitely get you fixed up.

Nitro Tate used to do high temp powder that held up. You just have to make sure it's rated for the temp the exhaust will see. That means someone needs an above average oven.

Yes, that is from Quality Powder Coat. He can definitely get you fixed up.

Nitro Tate used to do high temp powder that held up. You just have to make sure it's rated for the temp the exhaust will see. That means someone needs an above average oven.

I did mine in a standard oven. I want to say the high temp stuff from powderbythepound i used bakes around 400-450. 

Be interesting to see how the clear holds up to the heat. I did hightemp clear on the intake on the moostang i had and it slowly turned yellow.

• Like 1

So they chromed already ran pipes?

yes. But keep in mind i ride like a dirtbike like my balls havent dropped. So i would say the pipe never got hot like someone who does MX or dunes. The most i did with my bike was putt putt down fields roads and some spirited drag racings and WOT runs. I never road for long periods of time. Maybe 10-15 min on average. http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/yz2508-25-131_zps33f2a6df.jpg

Edited by RagunCajun

yes. But keep in mind i ride like a dirtbike like my balls havent dropped. So i would say the pipe never got hot like someone who does MX or dunes. The most i did with my bike was putt putt down fields roads and some spirited drag racings and WOT runs. I never road for long periods of time. Maybe 10-15 min on average. http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/yz2508-25-131_zps33f2a6df.jpg

I want to see the chrome pipes. I have a set of pipes I wouldn't mind getting chromed again. If CPI will re do old pipes I'm in.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...