Bike won't run

Checked the stator used an ohmeter and everything checked out to spec.

Checked ignition coil, checked out good.

Checked for spark by using a spark plug and grounding it to the cylinder head while kicking over, got nothing. Bike backfires when you try to kick it over. Tried to start a couple times but idled, any throttle it dies. Tried again and couldn't get it to start. Checked continuity at main switch, checked good. Been down this road before but had to replace stator. Like mentioned not seeing any bad readings from this stator on here now.

Was upnorth today, made it to M33 rose city trails from st helen and bike died. No warning signs, just dead. Luckily guy helped me, got a tow back. Can't catch a break with this machine. Pulled plugs, fouled pretty bad, put new ones in thinking might be problem and nothing. Just got back did basic tests using an ohmeter. Wanted to find problem and order parts and have fixed by next sunday.

What I thought at first was stator went. Than possibly flywheel key sheared, or flywheel nut came loose. Didn't check that yet, will monday. Figure I get this in before I go to bed..... Any help is appreciated....

double checked coil compared readings to a known good one and got the same. Checked the the stator again after I zeroed in the meter I was using to get more accurate readings. Checked out good. Traced wire harness no obvious wear through.... I double taped the entire harness when I rebuilt the motor couple years ago. Pulled off the stator cover, checked pick up gap.... in spec. Today I washed the banshee as it needed it. Tomorrow going to swap coils and check again. I read the electrical sticky, I'm leaning towards a bad CDI. Even if the flywheel sheared the flywheel key, I would still get spark. I have no spark. Any other pointers?

Today I pulled the flywheel off and the key is not sheared. I swapped out the coil with working one and put new plugs in. Bike fired right up. After letting it idle for a minute it wanted to die if I gave it any gas or stalled when I let off the throttle. I pulled off the spark plug boots and checked spark with just the plug wire alone..... fat blue spark. I tried starting again and it backfired just like it did up north. Is this a bad CDI? I have V force 4 reeds and they are not more than a year old. Is this a reed problem. I HATE TAKING the carbs off to check.

Bad CDI. Fixed it. What a difference it made. My timing felt like it was off before the bike died. It gave me low end power like it was retarding the timing or something. My gut feeling was the key sheared and the flywheel was slipping. Still have my fingers crossed though.