Good all around rifle recommendation

sprinklerman

Wal-mart ammo is junk and inconsistent. You dont walk into a sporting goods store to buy eggs and milk.. why would you do the same for ammo?

who said anything about internet/magazine order?

Its like having port work done by a dealer.. Just because they can/do dont mean they should.

I agree.

I refuse to buy anything from Walmart.

As far as T/C goes, there isn't a dealer in my area,so I guess a drive is in order.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Wal-mart ammo is junk and inconsistent.   You dont walk into a sporting goods store to buy eggs and milk.. why would you do the same for ammo?  

who said anything about internet/magazine order?  

Its like having port work done by a dealer..  Just because they can/do  dont mean they should.

Wal-Mart sells name brand ammo... yeah you can get cheap stuff also.

A lot of us don't have those big stores near them. For me, even in a large metro area, its 40 min away. So  local stores are typically only going to stock your traditional calibers.

I do use them for larger purchases that I dont need right now.

Lot's of good info in this thread.

You dont have to have big stores.  Just a sporting goods store that deals in firearms.   Actual sporting goods stores will carry better selection and quality then any dept store.   Walmart typically carriers only entry level cartridges from big names like remington and winchester (both garbage IMO) and they're shelf time is huge because people dont buy ammo from a grocery store. You also dont know how its been stored..  Which makes them inconsistent.  Just because its brand name instead of "great value" dont make it good.  Most times, stores like wal-mart and other big chain dept stores by second quality products so they can price them cheaper or make more profits based off the products name.    There is a 80% chance..  if the city is big enough for a wal-mart.. there is a sporting goods store near by.    Most people dont shoot often enough that they need ammo within 10min drive.. and if they do they probably load they're own at that point.    Point is...  The OP is taking time to research what he wants and get the best bang for his buck.. the last thing he needs to do is make the choice based on what ammo is available at the local fruit market.     I dont think he would build a drag bike to run off 87 because thats what the local stations carry..  He would build the motor the way he wants, then make the drive to buy the fuel and probably buy an extra 5-10 gallons while he's there.  

You dont have to have big stores. Just a sporting goods store that deals in firearms. Actual sporting goods stores will carry better selection and quality then any dept store. Walmart typically carriers only entry level cartridges from big names like remington and winchester (both garbage IMO) and they're shelf time is huge because people dont buy ammo from a grocery store. You also dont know how its been stored.. Which makes them inconsistent. Just because its brand name instead of "great value" dont make it good. Most times, stores like wal-mart and other big chain dept stores by second quality products so they can price them cheaper or make more profits based off the products name. There is a 80% chance.. if the city is big enough for a wal-mart.. there is a sporting goods store near by. Most people dont shoot often enough that they need ammo within 10min drive.. and if they do they probably load they're own at that point. Point is... The OP is taking time to research what he wants and get the best bang for his buck.. the last thing he needs to do is make the choice based on what ammo is available at the local fruit market. I dont think he would build a drag bike to run off 87 because thats what the local stations carry.. He would build the motor the way he wants, then make the drive to buy the fuel and probably buy an extra 5-10 gallons while he's there.

This ^^

We have some very good gun stores here, just none that carry that particular brand gun. Ammo is not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...