Anyone good at setting up head units?

Rage_kage

I picked up a new pioneer head unit (fhx720bt) for the heavy chevy since my stocker wouldn't eject cd's, the aux port died and it only picked up the Christian station

So this thing has a million different adjustments and I have no clue what they do, high pass, low pass, sub control(normal/reverse), slp. All the speakers/sub/amp are kicker brand, the door speakers are 6.5" and there are 2-10" comp subs, the amp is a dx250. Any input is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

High Pass filter will determine how much bass is running through the door speakers. 60hz will have more bass than 125hz on the high pass filter. It won't let any frequency below you set number run through the speaker. If u have a sub in your truck/car" turn this up to 100-125hz to take bass out of your mids and highs. It will keep your shit from blowing up

Low pass filter is vice versa. If your low pass is set at 40hz,no frequency ABOVE 40hz will be played through the speaker.

For sub control as in normal/reverse. If your sub is inverted, or upside down mounted on the box, then it's reverse. If the sub is mounted face up, with magnet inside box, then it's normal.

Lmk if u need anything else

• 2 weeks later...

High Pass filter will determine how much bass is running through the door speakers. 60hz will have more bass than 125hz on the high pass filter. It won't let any frequency below you set number run through the speaker. If u have a sub in your truck/car" turn this up to 100-125hz to take bass out of your mids and highs. It will keep your shit from blowing up

Low pass filter is vice versa. If your low pass is set at 40hz,no frequency ABOVE 40hz will be played through the speaker.

For sub control as in normal/reverse. If your sub is inverted, or upside down mounted on the box, then it's reverse. If the sub is mounted face up, with magnet inside box, then it's normal.

Lmk if u need anything else

So if I wanted the majority of the bass to come from the subs, I would turn the high pass up and keep the low pass down in layman's terms