Hjr 4 mil crank

So I had my motor built by Hjr awhile back and only rode it 6 times since then. I purchased his 4 mil kit for the stock cylinders. I had him put in the crank. Until the other day I had not seen the crank that was put in the motor. I had it built with lack of knowledge or I wouldn't be writing this. Since then ive learned alot. So back on track here. I took my motor to redline to get a serval put on and also do a pro mod trans. When he saw my crack, he explained that the cranks with the bronze colored rods had problems. He recommended that I put in a hot rods crank cause of the amount of money being spent on the motor. So i went with the new crank. So now im stuck with a 4 mil crank with only 6 rides on it. So my question is what do I do with it. Would someone buy it. I asked Hjr about the crank and he said he made it and that it wasn't a so called Wang crank and that it had the bronze rods and they are the same as the silver ones. Obviously not. Any suggestions?

Suggestion/s:

-Follow Cam's orders to a T.

-Offer that crank to Sleeper06 for a decent deal and then you know it's going to someone who will rebuild it right and it's not getting sold as a grenade to someone who doesn't know better. That should put your conscious at ease.

-HJR has a dwindling reputation. It's due to a few factors. You just figured that out the hard way. Never dial that number again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I wont be calling it again. Loco, the crank is at redline. I wont have pics for a few more weeks until I get it back. Who is sleeper06? Im assuming he rebuilds them.

Suggestion/s:

-Follow Cam's orders to a T.

-Offer that crank to Sleeper06 for a decent deal and then you know it's going to someone who will rebuild it right and it's not getting sold as a grenade to someone who doesn't know better. That should put your conscious at ease.

-HJR has a dwindling reputation. It's due to a few factors. You just figured that out the hard way. Never dial that number again.

This is solid advise from someone who has multiple clues!

Well ive already paid for the hot rod crank. I will take pics of the bronze rod crank when I pick it up. Not to worried about my loss, just caught me off guard and was disappointed to say the least. To find out it wasn't what I was expecting. Cam is a banshee genius and I trust him. Thats why he is building the motor for me. Spared no expense with this one, and i know what im getting cause he is building it.

• Like 1