Hjr 4 mil crank

dear retards,

It makes no fucking difference what crank/rods/bearings you use. Yes, some may be better than others, but if your tune up is off, or your setup is incorrect and you choose to ignore those issues, or you are too clueless to recognize those issues than the fuggers are going to break! Are the L/R rods the best option? Probably not! HOWEVER most of those that you see failed are owned/installed by people who want the cheapest thing possible and have little to no clue how to tune, or what to look for on these shit boxes. So they blow it up, go to ebay, click "lowest price first", then buy and install it in the same shitty tuneup/setup they had before. 

• Like 5

Why should something have to break ? To me that only suggests the material was inferior or the design was not up to the task.

"Suggests " yes,,,proves,,no. I'd bet the great majority of crank failures are due to setup issues (domes, etc) not excessive HP.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Or it could mean someone has zero clues how to put an engine together or zero clues how to tune it correctly or zero clue how to maintain it.

thats a weak argument. if your rod crumbles under alittle or even a fair amount of detonation then you may want to source a new manufacturer. thats the problem with the powersports industry today. alot of the products are pure junk with crap materials and poor design but everyones in it for a buck so why not have it brought in from china with your company name. sell it for dirt cheap, make alot of money, who cares if you have to warranty some catastrophic explosions, youll still be well ahead as youve already made a mountain of cash, or hell just make a disclaimer on the product box so your free of any liability.... this is what most companies in this industry do. for fuck sakes some outfits cant even manage to drill the stud holes in the right place. unless the piston is actually contacting the head, blaming the end user is hardly a legitimate excuse for a broken rod

anybody involved with automobile racing knows the amount of money and technology that goes into designing conrods for race cars. unfortunatly the atv industry doesnt make a pimple on a flys ass in comparison and as a result we get stuck with alot of poorly designed junk

something ive never agreed with is how all the +4 cranks are put together and likely most of the bigger cranks as well. the circumference on the big end of the rod is cut down. this is done purely so any joe blow with vice grips and a hammer can install his own crank and be running again by the end of the day. because the bearing bore has lost some of its strength to maintan a round hole at high rpm it can egg shape and then the bearing skids on the pin. i use uncut rods and trench the cases alittle as this doesnt compromise the rod

How many people are running this Joe blow cranks in their 4mil without issue? Making decent power?

I had a wang crank in my old 4mil ported stock cylinder. This was before this whole thing started. I had the bike for 2-3 years no issues. I wouldn't recommend that crank to anyone though. Maybe I was lucky. Maybe it was correct assembly. Either way I found out I had the 29l rods after tearing the motor down to part out and go bigger.

I mean....... it makes perfectly good sense to reinvent a 4mil crank. Clearly the thousands that are out there that work everyday are sub part compared to some shit RU has dreamed up. Fack, he's so fucking smart he'll probably run a steel clutch basket because what works everywhere else will not stand up to his standards. ..... FMFFS