What color to paint plastics? Need help chosing color.

f that. That's cheating!!! Looks great tho. Mind giving me the paint codes you used? I've shot candys before, so I imagine I could shoot this. But never shot plastic before.

All you need to know is it is Dupont DIC Flat Black.  This is not a normal mixed color, it is kind of in their industrial line and is super tough and does not require a clear coat.  I thought it would be good for this application so im giving it a shot.  The tech manual does not give specs for the amount of flex additive to add, but we talked to one of our reps and he said we should be good to add the same amount that would normally be added.  I forget what it was now, i dont use flex that often, but if you mix other stuff, you will know when you have your tech sheets in front of you.

I used the Plas-Stic 2310s cleaning paste washing and cleaning multiple times per tech page, then I think it was 2330s Adhesion promoter and then sealed with Chroma Premier #???? sealer, then the flexed DIC Flat Black after that.  I had to sand the sealer after 45mins or so with 800 grit quit abit before shooting the paint as it was a little fuzzy or something, probably from the plastic and static electricity, even though i tacked it off with a tack rag.

See the far left column option A http://www.axaltacs.com/content/dam/NA/HQ/Public/Cromax/Documents/TDS/CX-TDS-Plastic-Preparation-Eng.pdf

This isn't the exact guide we have at the shop, we have an older Dupont one, but i think all the info is the same.

• 2 months later...