Manny's MX build

No bs is tusk a bad axle? I dont do the type of riding that you do

Yea I wouldn't run it you might be ok with it since you say you don't do the kind of riding I do, if your not jumping and coming down on the rear wheels hard. When doing some research I came across a bit of ppl that had bent or broke that axle. I've never seen anyone runs tusk either when cursing along the pits at an mx event. This test might be biased but based on what I've seen and experienced it holds true check it out.

https://www.team-rpm.com/media/pdf/axle_test_results.pdf

• Like 1

Got them mounted up to the hubs, I was going to go with titanium bolts for the rotors but you can't see the ugly stock ones when mounted:

FE5BBA71-86A7-4D14-94B4-9E65AD310584.jpg

This set up is going to look so much better

7D580255-8C00-4686-A661-4810FEAC45E7.jpg

Anyone that wrenches should have a magnetic tray, makes life so much easier:

F773E651-255F-4C2A-A63E-0A44F894EE8D.jpg

This is more of a general question, but is there a real benefit of using Titanium bolts (suspension, chassis, etc) vs Stainless?

Obviously weight, but how much weight do you really save by doing a complete kit and burning $1600?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can save a couple pounds on a complete kit. You should mix and match the bolt thought. Not everything needs to be ti, some can be aluminum, some can even be plastic.

Also, most of these kits don't use a stronger ss bolt, 6al-4v should be stronger than the average ss bolt.

Is there a kit or kits that you suggest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk